Anyone willing to part with their MF-104SD?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
77jordan

Anyone willing to part with their MF-104SD?

Post by 77jordan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:23 pm

I'd be willing to buy/trade for it.

artpunk

Re: Anyone willing to part with their MF-104SD?

Post by artpunk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Can I put my hand up and stand in line as well? :wink: Actually I'd be over the moon if I could pick up a 104z let alone an SD or any other version at a price my wife, oops, I mean budget, would allow! The 104 is the missing factor in my fooger set-up now...

:?
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Damn, I thought I had managed to buy a original Big Briar MF-104 on ebay, but the seller had to cancel because his place was robbed the day after the auction ended :( Sure I was disappointed, but I felt even worse for him. The MF-104, a couple of drum machines and a tape delay were taken, the bast*rds even took his dog, (which is the worst of it imho). Oh well, I know eventually a Moog Delay will be mine (my preciouuuussss)...eventually. Now I have to wait a week for paypal to return the money to my account... :evil:

Really, really - if anyone has a 'spare' or knows of MF-104 of any variety available.... ah...whats the point... :roll:
Cheers,
Cameron

Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:24 pm

I bet if you're willing to wait six months or so you should see a brand new delay with MIDI sync, a la the MF-106M

Let's see eh? ;)

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Thank you latigid (waves hello across the Tasman Sea) I hope you are right! I thought Moog liked to stay constant with their series numbers matched to specific fooger functions however, which may suggest the 106m might be a different beast again? If so this could be exciting in it's own right, but I really, really, really (OK, sorry about that, I've done that already I'm sure most here understand my keeness!) :mrgreen: would like to create with a Moog delay sooner rather than later (as you can see, patience is not my strong character trait, pathetic in a 50 year old, really)
:roll:
BTW big thanks on all your (& others, but a LOT from you!) good advice on racking foogers & getting them to play nicely in patchbays, it is a huge help in my process of making a custom rack & patch bay for the 6 foogers I do have! (I will post photos when I'm happy with it!)
:D
Cheers,
Cameron

Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:29 am

artpunk wrote:as you can see, patience is not my strong character trait, pathetic in a 50 year old, really
That is unextinguishable passion ;)

Too bad the guy's place was robben. Is there any proper process to ge your money back?

I was lucky and found a 104z a few months ago in a shop 200 km from my place. It was an old new stock, kind of. Exposition model, I think. I got it new for less than I sometimes see them on the web.

Come on, you will find one. Soon!

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 am

stiiiiiiive wrote:
artpunk wrote:as you can see, patience is not my strong character trait, pathetic in a 50 year old, really
That is unextinguishable passion ;)

Too bad the guy's place was robben. Is there any proper process to ge your money back?

I was lucky and found a 104z a few months ago in a shop 200 km from my place. It was an old new stock, kind of. Exposition model, I think. I got it new for less than I sometimes see them on the web.

Come on, you will find one. Soon!
Thanks stiiiiiiive! The monies have been reversed, it is just that paypal sent me a message saying: A temporary hold has been placed on funds that were returned to your account because you used Instant Bank Transfer to fund the original payment. The funds from this payment cannot be released until they have arrived from your bank account, which usually takes three to four working days.
Hovering over the transaction details in my account listing online it states the refund is tempoarily on hold 'pending review'
I am pretty sure paypal has my money and this whole business of 'clearing/pending/on hold' is a cynical attempt to generate revenue from paypal users monies by earning interest from money being placed on 'temporary hold' for whatever erroneous disingenuous reason paypal chooses to give. It was deducted from my account last week, I don't really believe it's in electronic limbo! I think I have read here and in other forums about this... I'm sure it will be back in my account eventually.
The universe is just teaching me patience, a lesson I probably need learning! I'm sure I will find one eventually, thanks for the encouragement mate! :D

Edit: my apologies to the OP for hijacking his post! 77jordan would still like a 104SD please see the start of this thread.
Cheers,
Cameron

Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 am

I always suspected paypal of having my money (it fully cleared the account drawn from) and using it to make money for a couple of days and the releasing it to the receiver. It has not been a big deal, but the last transaction they held it a bit long 6 or 7 days.

77jordan

Post by 77jordan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:54 pm

I ended up finding a 104z in my local music store, I'm getting the spillover and sd mod.

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Man, that was quick. Way to go.

Didn't know they offered an SD mod.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:20 am

c7sus wrote:Man, that was quick. Way to go.

Didn't know they offered an SD mod.
Neither did I: what is it?

Congrats anyway :)

flippo

Post by flippo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 am

artpunk wrote:Can I put my hand up and stand in line as well? :wink:
I know of a 104-SD in Melbourne....

....... I'm looking at it now :P

(sorry)

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 am

flippo wrote:
artpunk wrote:Can I put my hand up and stand in line as well? :wink:
I know of a 104-SD in Melbourne....

....... I'm looking at it now :P

(sorry)
LOL! You're not helping you know! :mrgreen:
To say I'm jealous is an understatement, but I am glad to know there is at least one of these gems near the same geographical coordinates as me! Please let me know if you ever get 'bored' with it! (as if!) :D
Cheers,
Cameron

Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 pm

SD owners -- how much "worse" (subjective, I realize) is the noise floor than the Z, due to the extra buckets in the brigade?
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector