7 fooger pedal board w/patch bay

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
noSpoonMusic

7 fooger pedal board w/patch bay

Post by noSpoonMusic » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

I’ve been reading through these forums for some time now. There have been some great ideas for racking the foogers together. I'm working on building something that is a little more portable. I’ve got 7 foogers and the CP251. I am going to run everything through a 1/4" patch bay to cut down on patch changing time. So far, the most convenient thing I've been able to think of is a pedal board that can fit inside of a Gator 76 key keyboard case. Instead of moding the case and voiding any warrantees with Gator, I've decided to build a pedal board that fits inside it. This way the entire rig can come out of the case and fit on either a keyboard stand or the floor, depending on my setup.

I have a basic design/layout and am now trying to decide on what material to use. In a perfect world, it would be cheap, light, and sturdy. I've considered particle board, starboard, plywood, and a few others. Recently I found someone who will do aluminum work for pretty cheap. He has recommended .062 3003 aluminum. Would building the housing out of aluminum have any effect on RF interference? Would it turn the entire thing into a giant antenna, or perhaps add some extra shielding? This idea could be extremely durable and lightweight. Any thoughts?

Alien8

Re: 7 fooger pedal board w/patch bay

Post by Alien8 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 pm

I had my 6 foogers velcro'd to a pedaltrain pro for a bit, worked great!! I've moved to a more @home set-up with table top racks...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

willi

Post by willi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

If you electrically ground the plate it will act as a shield.
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Make sure you read up on using a patchbay with the foogers for CV. Some fooger knobs function differently if there is a jack in the parameters CV in. There is a work around.