midi note cc90 for the MF105M

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
ZenHead

midi note cc90 for the MF105M

Post by ZenHead » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:31 pm

I’ve been trying to lock my MF105M to a proper tempo rate and have it in sync with what measure I’m in. My question is; according to the manual the midi note cc90 should give the MF105M the starting position of each measure from an external midi device such as a daw.

First question: does anyone other than me find this use full?

Second: if so, what are you using for an external midi provider to the MF105M, and have you been successful in sending midi note cc90

I may have more questions concerning this.

EMwhite

Re: midi note cc90 for the MF105M

Post by EMwhite » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:41 am

I haven't done it but certainly you can 'record' a button press of a CC#90 from a keyboard controller (or just manually edit a snippet of a track); I've done this within Logic.

Then within your song, if you change tempo or change time signature mid track, you can align the sending of the CC#90 with the new section and perhaps a different clock division to be sure that you are locked on.

(I'm just making this up, haven't had the need to do it but it is possible; I have recorded CC's and manipulated when troubleshooting Midi issues with specific devices using Logic).
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!