CV In/Out Box...?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
joe_moog

CV In/Out Box...?

Post by joe_moog » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm kind of a n00b with regards to CV. I have three Moogerfoogers and the CP-251. I am racking them, along with a few Slim Phattys, and I'm wondering if it's possible to use extension cables to relocate the CV Ins and Outs from them to a forward-facing rack panel. By this, I mean can I do it without rewiring anything in the Moogerfoogers? I'm not sure of how exactly the jacks are on CV gear, and so I'm suspecting the jacks may be the shorting type, and so plugging in a cable with nothing else supplying CV on the other end (the new jack when it's not in use) might not have the desired effect.

Sorry, I'm not sure I explained that very well, so let me know if it doesn't make sense...

Thanks!
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
MF-101 • MF-102 • MF-104SD • MF-103 • CP-251 • MF-108M • MF-105M
Moog Pocket Protector

unfiltered37

Re: CV In/Out Box...?

Post by unfiltered37 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 pm

1/4" patchbay

varice

Post by varice » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Normally, the fooger CV input jacks don’t use switched jacks. TRS jacks are used so that a control pedal can be used. But I think that someone who racked their foogers posted in this forum that there was a switched jack issue with at least one of the foogers. Check the manuals of your moogerfoogers about plugging cables into the jacks. Of course, any mention of inserting a plug causing a disconnection or switch from an internal signal would be a problem when using extension cables.
varice

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks, varice - I think it's the MIDI MuRF which behaves like you describe, upon further reading. I don't have this pedal, so I think I'll be OK. I just have to fab up a panel the dimensions of the CP-251 which doesn't look too, ahem, 'custom'. It'll go next to the actual CP, where the headphones are in this pic:

Yeah, unfiltered37 ... I'm sort of fab'ing my own patch bay in order to fit into the space next to the CP. And I'd like to keep the aesthetic of the back of the pedals, if possible, which is why I'd rather not use a 2-row patch bay...
Sub 37 • Voyager Select Whitewash/Lunar White • VX-351 • Little Phatty Stage II w/CV out • Slim Phatty (x3)
Moog Pocket Protector

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 am

:shock:

A killer quad-LP setup! Vids much?

joe_moog

Post by joe_moog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:13 pm

latigid on wrote::shock:

A killer quad-LP setup! Vids much?
Heh...thanks. Yeah, I need to post some stuff, but first I want to get it set up so that I can run everything through my Moogerfooger chain. With effects out of the equation, I can just run all four LP outs into my Roland amp, and mix the output. However, I need to mix down to one channel in order to run everything into the CP and Moogerfoogers. I just got a little Rolls mixer for that purpose. I am trying to work on an enclosure that does the setup justice...
Moog Pocket Protector