MF-104 SD high-pitched noise on long settings

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Croyote

MF-104 SD high-pitched noise on long settings

Post by Croyote » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:24 am

I'm sure someone has asked this before but I have noticed that when I use the longest delay setting on my 104sd i.e. long setting and higher than .7 on the dial that it emits a very high-pitched resonating or oscillating frequency. The ear doesn't seem to notice it after a while, but once I turn the delay off or roll the dial lower than the .7 setting, the pitch disappears. :?

Other than this little glitch it is the most awesome pedal in the world. I own #170, which I bought brand new in box this Spring from a very cool and talented "squatter", and I won't tell you what I paid, but it was a king's ransom.It pairs perfectly with my Sound Substance "Wait States" that is with both together on seperate channels I am able to create a sort of ping pong double delay that makes the overall sound mesh beautifully.

So far I have loved using the MuRF and the Ring Mod w/ Freqbox in the ext. loop, and I'm eager to get a Cp-251 plus some other extras.

So is there a mod to remove this "ringing" issue? or do I just need to bear and grin it. :mrgreen: