Need a good reverb unit

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
slabwax

Re: Need a good reverb unit

Post by slabwax » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:12 pm

I received my Eventide Space last week and I was just able to start playing with it this week, Wow!! I know it's not analogue but I'm fine with that. The unit sounds great. I would recommend one to anyone.

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:18 am

With regards to digital reverbs, is the original tone likely to be compromised if it has an analog dry path? I was thinking of going for something like the TC Hall of fame, in the meantime until I can splash out on a spring or tape reverb. Has anyone had any experience with this reverb (or others like it) for use with synth?

Jay944

Post by Jay944 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:02 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Jay944 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Yea thanks for the advice! The trinity seems to have been discontinued, I guess if I was to look hard enough I'd probably find one though. I think for the minute I'm gonna go with the HOF, heard good things about the Blue Sky and EHX ones but the Blue Sky is a bit more than I was hoping to pay right now and the EHX ones don't seem to have an analog dry path (I think). H.O.F is easily obtainable and in my price range, I'll let you know how it sounds. Cheers.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Had the HoF reverb. And you are right... that the dry signal comes straight through so essentially you are just adding the processed signal.

Lots of good written about it, especially the toneprints but to me, in the end it was just reverb. I didn't like the spring emulation. I sold it.

I had the ebs pedal and in general I thought it was great. I tend to favor pedals with fewer option.. Just a character flaw in me I guess : ). You may love it. The price is right and you get a lot of value w the extensibility that toneprints offer.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 am

Fewer options and real springs: that's what the Carl Martin HeadRoom offers.

I bought one a few months ago but did not click with it then. I think I tried it with a Nord electro and there must be some impedance mismatch because I had it saturating often.
However, I tried lately on a Voyager and things are going better. It adds just the wetness you need, not like a Space or BlueSky.

Compared to the Hall Of Fame, it may be a little more expensive. The footprint is larger too. Depends on what your constraints and priorities are.

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 pm

This may not apply to the OP, but anybody else reading this thread and already considering an Octatrack might want to know that it's been recently updated with 3 new reverb effects. They sound good enough to me that my GAS for a 'verb pedal has been eliminated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iFaDNBmzPQ

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:05 am

Pedal based DSP - Iron Ether Nimbus. One of my next pedals, among a few from them. Great on bass!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Jay944

Post by Jay944 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Jay944 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Jay944 wrote: @GovernorSilver : Elektron is one of the only brands that can IMO be in competition with Moog as to which one is the most droolworthy outside of modular stuff.
It's been a frustrating experience at times learning how to use the Octatrack in the way I want to, but when I do get something to work, it's quite rewarding. I keep working with the Octatrack despite the difficulties because it inspires me to make music in ways that I never would have thought of otherwise. I'm so happy Elektron added those reverbs - now I don't need a reverb pedal!

c0nsilience

Post by c0nsilience » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:20 am

For the price, a Lexicon MX200 is hard to beat. Great for effects loops and recording.