Help with midi clock and MuRF

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
LoPhreaque

Help with midi clock and MuRF

Post by LoPhreaque » Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey folks-
I'm trying to get my MuRF to follow the tempo of my tune. I want the MuRF to step in 1/8 notes with the tempo.
Seems simple enough, but I'm stumped.
I'm using PT 8.x and a Digi 003 Midi out.
The 003 seems to talk to the MuRF OK, when I run the Moog MuRF application I can access it fine.
Not much luck so far...
Can't figure out what to do with the midi track to get it to spit out a midi clock that the MuRF will recognize.
I have in my studio a Voyager, am thinking there is some way to get the Voyager to spit out a control voltage synced to my track so then I could use that as the step input to my MuRF.
I'm not much of a midi person, so I'm a bit confused...
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
David
LoPhreaque Studios

noSpoonMusic

Re: Help with midi clock and MuRF

Post by noSpoonMusic » Mon May 02, 2011 4:20 pm

in protools, are you sending midi clock data to the murf? this is not the same as having a midi channel

LoPhreaque

Post by LoPhreaque » Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Hey, thanks. I figured it out finally.
The manual is not much help... at least for the midi implementation. Wow.
I'm afraid to tackle the midi on my Voyager. Amazing analog electronics, but the computer and interface are not impressive at all.
Anyway, simply turning midi clock off and sending out note 108 (I think) at the proper intervals got my MuRF stepping along just fine.
I appreciate the response. I'm not spending enough time with at once to get good at it, the day gig calls...
David

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 pm

If you want a non-midi solution, a click track into the step input works.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff