mMURF problem

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
r05c03

mMURF problem

Post by r05c03 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:23 am

Hi. I submitted this problem to tech support but I wanted to run it by you all too. I have a problem with my mMURF. It seems to be basically dead. I used it last in October. It worked fine. I had and have only had it connected to the 9V, 300mA, center post positive power chord it was shipped with.

Currently when plugged in and in BYPASS mode, sound travels through the device. The DRIVE/OUTPUT lights do not light, but the RED light indicating bypass does light. When I attempt to engage the pedal the GREEN light indicating the pedal effect is on light up, but the DRIVE and OUTPUT lights do not light up and there is no sound coming from the device at all. Suggestions? Thanks. Also, the LFO/Rate light seems to be functioning as well.
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

EricK

Re: mMURF problem

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Id at least try an OS update to see if that changes the status of the LFO lights.
I think you can find a previous version of the OS on knobtweak...not a current one though.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi, it could be the single in-line connector which brings the sockets to the main board is loose or has dirty contacts, not allowing audio in. Or the input socket somehow faces a similar problem. You could try inputting a tap-tempo to see if that works.

r05c03

Post by r05c03 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 am

Well, I took it out of the rack. Opened it up, saw that there was not way to get to the input jack/output jack to check for loose connections. Closed it up, jammed a TS cable in and out of the input. plugged it in, connected to the mixer. Bam. Works. Done.
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Possibly dirty contacts inside the socket. I have a can of contact cleaner which can be sprayed on a jack plug, go in and out a few times and voila!

Glad all is working :)