Are there plans to discontinue other Moogerfoogers?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Tenebrous

Are there plans to discontinue other Moogerfoogers?

Post by Tenebrous » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 am

Hello everyone,

I was quite shocked to see the MF104z was stopping production. Even though I knew the BBD chips were dying down, I thought the builders (Moog, Diamond, EHX) were overselling the situation a little bit. It's a shame that they're goin out of production, I'm just glad I grabbed a 104 when I could 8)

Now as far as I'm aware, the other Moogerfooger's don't contain any NOS BBD chips, or anything else containing a large amount of almost unobtainable NOS components... However, this doesn't mean that production might not stop. Has there been any hints from Moog or other sources to suggest that these pedals wont be around for much longer?

The reason I ask is because I'm not incredibly well off, being on disability allowance at the moment really limits me on what I can buy and when I can buy it... I'm lucky to get a new unit every 4-6 weeks.

I'm probably just worrying about nothing, but I'd be gutted to miss out on a unit I've wanted for so long.

What dya reckon?

Cheers folks

EricK

Re: Are there plans to discontinue other Moogerfoogers?

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:08 pm

The only time they discontinued a Fooger (with the exception of the 104 and 104SD) was the original Murf and Bass Murf, but those were combined into a different but new Fooger, the Midi Murf.

So if they were thinking about DCing a fooger, it might be to make the move towards midi implementation.

Who knows?

Glad you got your 104z though.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Tenebrous

Post by Tenebrous » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully they'll stick around for a while then :) Sorry for the late reply!

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Don't forget, the original MF-104 was a very limited run back in the early 2000's (late-1990's even?) back when the company was called Big Briar. By the time I discovered Moogerfoogers in 2002, they were already gone, but I was lucky enough to find one in Japan that hadn't sold yet. I was surprised when they bought it back with the MF-104Z! So I don't think that the MF-104Z being discontinued is something to worry about - it happened before, and now it's happening again.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 am

Hey hey Radio! hehe

Welcome to the club Tenebrous. I'm glad you got your 104 & loving it.

I can't wait until another MF comes out! They really need a CP-xxx sequencer even though I don't need one now.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/