MIDI Murf Soundtower Editor safe? or a virus?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Yohonis1

MIDI Murf Soundtower Editor safe? or a virus?

Post by Yohonis1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have the MuRF VST editor from Moog Music, which works ok for the most part. But I'm not able to access the pattern editor function in the VST. (There is no menu item on my VST as described in the instructions. Every other option is there and functioning, just not the pattern editor).

So I found what appears to be a standalone executable of the same VST offered at SoundTower.com. The link is here: https://www.soundtower.com/murf/page.html

When I try to download it, my antivirus program tells me that it is a virus. Has anyone installed this version? Does it work for you? I don't want to bypass my antivirus unless someone can tell me that this can be a trusted installation. I believe SoundTower is the company that made the VST in the first place, but this virus detection thing is freaking me out.

BTW I am running Nuendo v10.3 on Windows 10 and using JBridge so the 32 bit Moog VST works in my 64 but version of Nuendo.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some help.

-Yohonis