Strange Midi CC behaviour

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
MoogOneUser

Strange Midi CC behaviour

Post by MoogOneUser » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi Folks,

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on some strange midi CC behaviour from my M1.

I was using it as a midi controller today and the FX parameter on the connected module kept jumping to a value of 126. I eventually isolated it to the M1 and then attached a device where I could see the midi output. Essentially, every so often, it outputs CC 12 at a value of 63 or 62 - it does this three times on midi channel 1. I have all 3 synths on the M1 set to that channel. CC12 seems to be effect parameter 1 in the standard midi cc list.

I was making no parameter changes at the time - it just seems to output these controllers at random, whether I am playing or not. Needless to say, it sends my module (a Prophet Rev 2) crazy as it basically changes the effect depth from a small to a high setting without warning.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might be going on? I could simply change the controller output to NRPN or the Midi map but I'm intrigued as to whether there's actually a bug here.

All suggestions welcome!

Many thanks.