Sequencing the arpeggiator?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
hyperreal

Sequencing the arpeggiator?

Post by hyperreal » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 am

Hi all,

I got my 8 voice Moog One yesterday and I'm already completely in love.

I was wondering if it's possible to use the sequencer to feed notes into the arpeggiator? I tried using a polyphonic sequence for this but either I messed something up or it just doesn't work like that. The idea is to have an arpeggio evolving through a series of sequencer steps.

sentionaut

Re: Sequencing the arpeggiator?

Post by sentionaut » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 pm

Did you end up finding an answer to this?

I've tried a few ways and can't seem to get it working either.

QuasarLightEchoes

Post by QuasarLightEchoes » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:00 pm

I haven't figured out this yet. It may sound like a lot of work and could be limiting, but have you tried sequencing all notes? There are 4x16 steps you can sequence with one synth, but by using all 3 synths and all 3 sequences playing gives you up to 192 steps, allowing you can create quite complex evolving sounds. Good luck experimenting!

MWK

Post by MWK » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 am

I would suggest that functionality to Moog. It might be possible to implement. They could add a feature in the sequencer (send to arp) or something like that. The sequencer would then be dictating what the arp is playing off of. Nice idea!

stravinski

Post by stravinski » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:00 pm

Do it the other way around. With a sequence set to trigger on a note, and the sequence set to one shot, you can then have the arpeggiated pattern trigger the sequencer per note. Setting up probabilities and ratches in the step sequence further adds filagree. Keep your attack and release tails short on either mOne8 or mOne16 otherwise you will hear note stealing clicks. It will also respect chards in the sequence.

hyperreal

Post by hyperreal » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:37 am

Hah, I never thought of it like that. I'll have to try it.