Moog One Review after several months

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Ronfairchild

Moog One Review after several months

Post by Ronfairchild » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 pm

.....I just cannot imagine why anyone would not think this was the greatest synth ever...I have been working with synths I saw the MiniMoog back in 72. Then I was there when the original Prophet 5 was introduced at NAMM....I was there. I actually brought the first P5 into Nashville back in 77 or 78..(I forget)...The M1 is just incredible and I already have a great many presets of my own design...There are always haters...but I am having a blast with the Moog One.........

ummagumma

Re: Moog One Review after several months

Post by ummagumma » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:34 am

Thanks for the review!

Did we ever learn why they called it "One"?

Is it a tongue-in-cheek joke on the fact that it's a poly synth?

Or maybe they ran out of elderly woman titles? I think "The Moog Elderly Woman" sounds catchier, myself.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uel1vfAQ52M

Although they can be dangerous!

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:42 pm

LOL ummagumma love it :)

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:40 pm

So true. 🤘
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:27 pm

Maybe the ONE refers to the original MOTHER? As in Gaia, Prajñā-Pāramitā, etc. (couldn't help it with the diacriticals)

@Ronfairchild, I really appreciated your review. I think some people expect a piece of gear to bend to their desire and will - and I get it. It's a utilitarian view. But I prefer to interact with an instrument, learn them, coax sounds out of them. Maybe it's a different approach? A balance between expectation and acceptance. Cheap, mass-produced stuff, you get what you pay for. Moog? It's a different level.

Phil_M

Post by Phil_M » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:33 am

I hear from support that the next production run is delayed until 2023. Just going to have to wait!

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:02 am

Ronfairchild wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 pm .....I just cannot imagine why anyone would not think this was the greatest synth ever...I have been working with synths I saw the MiniMoog back in 72. Then I was there when the original Prophet 5 was introduced at NAMM....I was there. I actually brought the first P5 into Nashville back in 77 or 78..(I forget)...The M1 is just incredible and I already have a great many presets of my own design...There are always haters...but I am having a blast with the Moog One.........
Yes, true. But isn't this a little short for a review?

Ronfairchild

Post by Ronfairchild » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:01 am

Man, I am sorry.....I guess I either didn't say enough...or? either way I love the synth..I will back off.....I could go on for a long time but brevity dictated at the time......I didn't mean to do anything unwanted..........I will continue to record new music every month with the Moog One.......Again, my sincerest apologies......

dingebre

Post by dingebre » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:50 pm

Matthias Adloff wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:02 am
Ronfairchild wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 pm .....I just cannot imagine why anyone would not think this was the greatest synth ever...I have been working with synths I saw the MiniMoog back in 72. Then I was there when the original Prophet 5 was introduced at NAMM....I was there. I actually brought the first P5 into Nashville back in 77 or 78..(I forget)...The M1 is just incredible and I already have a great many presets of my own design...There are always haters...but I am having a blast with the Moog One.........
In support for brief reviews, I quote Shakespeare from Hamlet:

Polonius:
My liege, and madam, to expostulate
What majesty should be, what duty is,
What day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day, and time;
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief.
Your noble son is mad. . . .

(Emphasis is mine)

:D :D :D

To add my own review, the Moog One is AMAZING!

David
David

http://analoguerealities.com
http://analoguerealities.blogspot.com

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:30 pm

dingebre wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:50 pm

Polonius:
I will be brief.

(Emphasis is mine)

David
Citing Shakespeare... hard for a non-native speaker like me! I prefer the MoogOne, as always. Its language is far more universal.

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:52 pm

Ronfairchild wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:01 am Man, I am sorry.....I guess I either didn't say enough...or? either way I love the synth..I will back off.....I could go on for a long time but brevity dictated at the time......I didn't mean to do anything unwanted..........I will continue to record new music every month with the Moog One.......Again, my sincerest apologies......
Ron you have nothing to apologize for! I enjoyed your brief review, AND your music.

Paul (rtcstudio)

dingebre

Post by dingebre » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Matthias Adloff wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:30 pm
dingebre wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:50 pm

Polonius:
I will be brief.

(Emphasis is mine)

David
Citing Shakespeare... hard for a non-native speaker like me! I prefer the MoogOne, as always. Its language is far more universal.
I completely agree! :D

David
David

http://analoguerealities.com
http://analoguerealities.blogspot.com