Envelope issues w/mono patches+MultiTrig - anybody else experiencing this?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Blackryder

Envelope issues w/mono patches+MultiTrig - anybody else experiencing this?

Post by Blackryder » Sun May 29, 2022 4:59 pm

In mono patches (with or w/o unison), my envelopes are behaving erratically when I have them set to Multi-Trig and play legato. Sometimes they fire, and sometimes they don't. It's pretty random, too - they'll work as expected for a bit but then will start randomly failing to trigger, sometimes for multiple notes in a row, sometimes just randomly here and there.
So, if i'm playing a legato arpeggio or bassline, or doing that technique where you hold one key down and quickly press&release other keys around it to do that fast "I'm a lead guitarist who shreds" sounding thing, it comes out sounding as if there are dropped notes or uneven playing or whatever.... the envelopes just don't fire. This happens across all 3 EGs (at first I just thought it was the amp env, and maybe it was, but after updating to fw1.5 and mucking about w the 3 envelopes I've found that they all behave like this)
Turning envelope reset on or off makes no difference, and making sure velocity is unassigned doesn't change anything either....
Has anyone here dealt with this issue? Were you able to fix it? Help!

AStoker

Re: Envelope issues w/mono patches+MultiTrig - anybody else experiencing this?

Post by AStoker » Tue May 31, 2022 9:52 am

I have a similar problem, I think. I recently purchased a voyager to upgrade from my 'Source', and the filter does not re-trigger on a new key while another is held down (I call this a trill ?). I am still not sure if I just haven't found the right combinations of switches to set, or if it is a problem with my voyager, but nothing I have tried will make it re-trigger.
Prophet 12 / Source / Taurus 3 / RS-5 / Integra 7 / XV-5080

Blackryder

Post by Blackryder » Tue May 31, 2022 2:43 pm

AStoker wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:52 am I have a similar problem, I think. I recently purchased a voyager to upgrade from my 'Source', and the filter does not re-trigger on a new key while another is held down (I call this a trill ?). I am still not sure if I just haven't found the right combinations of switches to set, or if it is a problem with my voyager, but nothing I have tried will make it re-trigger.
It could be your note priority settings - I remember on my old Voyager the default priority was set to "low", changing it to Last made it behave how I wanted. And in the menu, go to Trigger Modes and make sure that is set to Muti-trigger. That should take care of it... If it doesn't, you should try getting in touch w/Moog service
Good luck!

Here's a thread where somebody had a similar issue
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22369

AStoker

Post by AStoker » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:29 pm

Thanks, it was set to single trigger. I guess it will take me a bit to get used to the menu settings.
Prophet 12 / Source / Taurus 3 / RS-5 / Integra 7 / XV-5080