Lisa Bella Donna

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Matthias Adloff

Lisa Bella Donna

Post by Matthias Adloff » Thu May 26, 2022 6:03 pm

It's late at night, much too late. And I didn't finish any work today. This woman is the culprit, Lisa Bella Donna!
I must say that I've never seen any presets on the Moog One that just kept me playing for so long, with so much joy. And I got/bought all of the 3rd party presets, unless I missed anything: Some are good for their purposes, albeit production, cinematic soundspheres, whatever.

But with these presets, there is far more depth in every single setup - it simply leaves me speechless. Easy to understand workflow, but with always so much more to explore, and a surprise every here and there.

Thank you Lisa, you did an amazing job. I got literally lost in sound which didn't really happen to me for years. I understand why Moog gives those precious sound diamonds away for free, because nothing else would promote the One better than Lisa's sounds.

My greatest respect and very best regards.

HookedOnSonics

Re: Lisa Bella Donna

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu May 26, 2022 10:41 pm

Trapper Keepers Is a KEEPER, outstanding. Confluence is also fun to play. Great Job on the Presets, thank you Lisa!!!
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

tokenrecluse

Post by tokenrecluse » Sun May 29, 2022 6:32 pm

I would dare say this is a playable Lisa Bella Donna album. These presets are so uniquely Lisa's style and sound. Words fail me though for how beautiful these patches are.. they do a really really really good job of highlighting the Moog One's power, workflow and complexity.
WOW!!!!!

paulsimvient

Post by paulsimvient » Sun May 29, 2022 9:26 pm

Sorry - I'm a little slow.

Does this come with the 1.5 update?

PeterDV

Post by PeterDV » Sun May 29, 2022 10:11 pm

Yes - the come with the update, wish is well worth-while in its own right, but I agree with the other posters - Lisa Bella Donna's presets are outstanding. You can learn a lot by figuring out how they work. Or just spend the afternoon playing them.

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Mon May 30, 2022 10:20 am

I loaded up the update and installed Lisa's presets yesterday. Wow, Lisa's presets are just stunning!

paulsimvient

Post by paulsimvient » Mon May 30, 2022 11:59 am

outstanding, thank you

Ondefontaine

Post by Ondefontaine » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:54 pm

I agree, what I’ve heard will keep me fascinated for a good while!
However I noticed that on one preset whilst synth two plays beautifully, the other two synth sounds which are supposed to be a pad and a bass, though the display registers the keystrokes, zero sound there.
Am I missing something?

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:12 pm

Did you try the mod wheel or xy pad? I think some of them can be faded in if memory serves. (Maybe aftertouch…)

TabbyCatte

Post by TabbyCatte » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:07 pm

I was searching on a related issue, and someone in a Gearspace forum posted something similar about an earlier patch bank. This was their solution:
The gain on the chorus in the synth level effect section is set to 0%. Either increase the gain or turn off the synth level effects and you will hear the patch. Turning up the gain yields the patch as intended.

Must be a holdover from when they upgraded the effects in an earlier build.
They're talking about the GAIN parameter in the actual effect page itself, nothing related to the VCA levels etc. Worth a try?

Ondefontaine

Post by Ondefontaine » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions folks! I’ll give those a try shortly.