New Firmware at last?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
rtcstudio

New Firmware at last?

Post by rtcstudio » Wed May 18, 2022 12:35 pm

Attached is a short exchange I saw on one of the Moog One Facebook groups. I got permission to share.
Attachments
944BABD0-E8B9-4A38-B058-E38E1F265465.jpeg

HookedOnSonics

Re: New Firmware at last?

Post by HookedOnSonics » Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 pm

Fun day, just got a firmware update for my Minitaur and Minitaur Editor as well as the Sub37 so based on your update we can go to Asheville Firmware Flight Control for a Go / No Go poll

Moog One Beta successfully tested ... Go / No Go ... Go Flight
Moog One Firmware released imminent ... Go / No Go ... Go Flight
Proceed with count down

We are now at T-Minus ...
Last edited by HookedOnSonics on Wed May 18, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

MWK

Post by MWK » Wed May 18, 2022 9:31 pm

Now that the moment has come, I'm actually kind of terrified.

pmtrub

Post by pmtrub » Thu May 19, 2022 2:48 am

Lisa Belladona posted some Moog One content to her insta stories this morning. Only caught it at a glance, so not sure if she was running a beta for new firmware. Here's hoping.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 8.39.41 AM.png

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 am

MWK wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:31 pm Now that the moment has come, I'm actually kind of terrified.
Same here. My whole life is built just around this update since years, and it got worse during the last months. I will most probably get an immediate heart attack if the leading version number is below 2.

Keep praying.

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Thu May 19, 2022 8:46 am

pmtrub wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:48 am Lisa Belladona posted some Moog One content to her insta stories this morning. Only caught it at a glance, so not sure if she was running a beta for new firmware. Here's hoping.
Since she’s way into modular stuff, and the pic shows a One right in front of a big modular rig, I hope this doesn’t give credence to the year old rumor that this next firmware would only be addressing the CV in/out of the One.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu May 19, 2022 3:58 pm

rtcstudio wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:46 am
pmtrub wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:48 am Lisa Belladona posted some Moog One content to her insta stories this morning. Only caught it at a glance, so not sure if she was running a beta for new firmware. Here's hoping.
Since she’s way into modular stuff, and the pic shows a One right in front of a big modular rig, I hope this doesn’t give credence to the year old rumor that this next firmware would only be addressing the CV in/out of the One.
Find it kind of interesting that the Moog One was not on display at Super Booth. Well at least everything I have seen posted to date, I did not see it anywhere. If so, I wonder why the flagship was not present, just find it weird.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu May 19, 2022 8:55 pm

This was a conversation I had with support on May 1

Our engineers are in beta testing now for revision 1.5.

I'm wondering if software developers move on to other positions during the throws of Covid and it took them a while to put a team back together. I'm happy with all the editors and updates that are coming out starting last month and now coming on strong at the end of this month.

If 1.5 doesn't answer the majority of Moog One issues, be interesting to see if their SDLC has a 2.0 on the road map.