Battery Pack for the Moog One

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
MWK

Battery Pack for the Moog One

Post by MWK » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:39 pm

That's right folks, I want to take the Moog One outdoors in the wild.

Any suggestions for a good battery pack and amp set up that would allow me to do this?
Last edited by MWK on Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtcstudio

Re: Battery Pack for the Moog One

Post by rtcstudio » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:05 pm

Wow seems like you’ll need a gas powered generator to handle the One plus an amp (stereo I assume). There’s lots of usb rechargeable hi res headphone amps, would headphones do?

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:12 pm

I found power measurements for the One posted on GS:

Not a lab grade instrument but still interesting results. I hooked up a power line analyzer between the One and the mains. It showed the One consuming about 15 Watts during first part of bootup which then ramped up in stages until it settled on about 126 Watts which didn’t seem to vary even when I enabled both per synth and master effects. Actually nothing I did seemed to vary the power consumption much after startup. The external supply has a pretty healthy margin.

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:14 pm

Wow I was surprised. This little guy puts out 400 watts. One reviewer said it lasted over 20 hrs running his CPAP device. This might run the One and a small amp for several hours.
https://www.harborfreight.com/400-watt- ... gLTcPD_BwE

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:45 pm

Funky Switches

Post by Funky Switches » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:15 pm

I've used a 100 ah LiFePo+ marine battery system to run my synth gear. For amplification I use a car stereo which has an aux in jack to accept the stereo send from my rig. Pretty easy setup and you can make it sound as bumping as you want based on your stereo system. If you plan is to car camp then you can arrive at a very elegant solution that will accentuate the tenants of thoughtful simplicity in design, and proper sound reinforcement.

One big advantage here is car audio per watt can be less expensive than pa gear. And quality; bump-ability is no issue. Oh, and it's already battery driven.....