Keyboard Stand Options for the One

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
byronmakesound

Keyboard Stand Options for the One

Post by byronmakesound » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:19 pm

Hi all,

Wanted to see what specific keyboard stands you guys are using with your Moog One. As it stands (punintended) I am using an On-Stage 2-tiered Z stand, but I'm not able to use the second tier of the stand due to the size of the One.

I'm looking for a multi-tiered stand that has 1) enough clearance to still effectively patch the One on the lowest tier, 2) could support the Moog One dimensions/weight on a higher tier.

Figured it would be best to check with the sea of One users and see what you guys are rocking.

Thanks in advance <3

VocoVacca

Re: Keyboard Stand Options for the One

Post by VocoVacca » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:16 am

Other Moog One owners may have a different experience, but I think the One is just too massive to put anywhere but the first level of a stand. My Moog One was originally parked on a second tier above an 88-key digital piano. But the size and weight of the One just didn't feel stable enough on a pair of tier-two arms. So now it's very stable on the first tier of an OSS Extreme 420 keystand with a Matriarch on the second tier above. Plenty of access to patching in the rear of the One. Have fun!
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:48 am

IMO K&M stands are rock solid, got all my Moog’s and Kronos II on them, second tiers are also strong and sturdy!!!
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:33 pm

I have a double braced 3 tier stand with just the Kronos at the bottom and the Moog One on the second tier. Seems absolutely fine

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm

I use a two-tiered Z stand with casters, with the ONE on the bottom, and a Minimoog on top. It’s stable, and easily moveable to work on cabling when necessary.

I’ve recently added a custom made RGBW lighting pad directly under the Minimoog to provide additional illumination for the ONE. It’s dynamically controlled by the DMX lighting system in my home studio, and has an incorporated diffusing panel to eliminate the LED hot spots I was initially seeing on the ONE display below.

I’ve created a number of lighting presets I can call up for it, including bright white illumination at any desired level for programming, as well as various set colors and color morphs
(“for inspiration”).
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:51 am

Good morning,

I'm using a Quik Lok WS421 Keyboard Stand with the 2nd tier (WS-422). I have my Model D on the 2nd tier. This vid shows the setup and clearance pretty good.

https://youtu.be/2OdkE1_rLTA

TheDigitalMan

Post by TheDigitalMan » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:55 am

Hi again, I found the lighting for the one a little difficult with my D above and has used 2 of 'these' for valance lighting - works pretty good. Like the sound of synthguy's custom lighting however!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XWF ... UTF8&psc=1

TubeAmpNut

Post by TubeAmpNut » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:41 pm

I use a K&M 18950. It's perfect.