Sold my Oberheim Matrix-12 to buy this (and settle some debts) … good or bad idea??

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
DOKTA

Sold my Oberheim Matrix-12 to buy this (and settle some debts) … good or bad idea??

Post by DOKTA » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:09 pm

I personally think this is the best sounding Polly since I’ve ever heard what you can do with it it scares me every time I switch it on I hit a chord by the way I’m bored of my chords it surprises me it sounds new it sounds fresh like I just discovered those cords I’m at a what preset are use it blows my mind but I’m scared have I purchased something that will I will be annoyed with in a few years I like my matrix that I just simply got bored of.

Thoughts?

rudylost

Re: Sold my Oberheim Matrix-12 to buy this (and settle some debts) … good or bad idea??

Post by rudylost » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:59 pm

Did the same .... no regrets
for me moog one is the new matrix

DOKTA

Re: Sold my Oberheim Matrix-12 to buy this (and settle some debts) … good or bad idea??

Post by DOKTA » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:23 pm

Yup I have to agree. Currently getting my head round this monster. It's good to know great minds think-a-like ;)

It's making all my chord that I play sound new and fresh. Super inspired by this machine :)

THANK YOU MOOG !!!!

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:15 am

Yeah, the decision it good if you needed the extra money from the 12. There are some pads that I cannot exactly reproduce with the Moog One though, it's not THAT direct.
But that's complaining at the highest possible level, admittedly.
The Moog One is the best Poly ever built. Except for it's software...