Whats about Moog One Firmware 2.0 ????????????

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
effo57

Whats about Moog One Firmware 2.0 ????????????

Post by effo57 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:31 am

COME ON, MOOG !!!!!!!!!
Moog One: Wonderful Instrument with lots lots lots of bugs and and....
Whats about Firmware 2.0 ??????

dentheman

Re: Whats about Moog One Firmware 2.0 ????????????

Post by dentheman » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:59 pm

No clue why they are witing so long with any udate at all...

1,5 years ago they told me they were working on it, but this is very disappointing to say the least.

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:14 pm

Why does everyone think that there will be an update? Maybe it comes, maybe not.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:46 pm

Why does everyone think that there will be an update
Because Moog have said they are releasing one Spring 2022 to a number of users via email/support.

Let’s see.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:44 pm

I'm beginning to think that this may never actually happen. It's been way too long and there has been complete radio silence from Moog. I don't consider telling a few unhappy customers that something is coming soon, without any actual details or commitments to be a reasonable response. With their "flagship" synth having so many problems, and after their initial campaign promising frequent updates, this is extremely disappointing and I'm about as big a Moog fan as can be. The sad thing is it has such amazing potential, but that remains unrealized. Dr. Robert is rolling over in his grave... 😢
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

MWK

Post by MWK » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:10 am

Moog will release a new firmware soon. And, it will fix a lot of the issues users have been complaining about.

What is my source? I don't have one. But hear me out.

There is absolutely no way Moog just stops here. They would have to be dead as company for that to happen, and honestly, if that is the case, well, we just now all own an epic part of history that will never be in production ever again.

So if Moog is not dead, that means they are currently working on wildly anticipated firmware 2.0 and since it's been taking so long, you can assume it's going to be solving a whole ton of problems.

I was playing the Moog One last night and just kept thinking about the firmware, and I just couldn't stop thinking of how insanely well engineered the UI and Hardware is. You don't just magically create a beast like this and then all of a sudden say "ok, I quit...let's work on a new Sirin firmware." Whoever is working on the Moog One firmware right now is not stopping until it is absolutely right where it should be. They've already done the 'oh we solved a few things here' bandaid patching in the past, and we tore them apart for it. I think a huge difference with this firmware will be that whoever is leading it is saying. "WE AIN'T PUTTING IT OUT UNTIL EVERY MAJOY AND MINOR BUGS ARE ANNIHILATED."

This is pure speculation and I am slightly upset with how quiet Moog has been in the last couple years, but ultimately, this synth is a beast. It will not be tamed simply by talking about it. Someone or a group of people are hard at work I'm sure. As a developer in charge of the Moog One, you'd be insane to not want to work on it!

I'm hoping for a Spring 2022 release. I still believe in Moog and the Moog One.
Last edited by MWK on Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otto Dix

Post by Otto Dix » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:06 pm

I am so much wishing you would be right.

But sadly, don't hope too much, update will arrive in a couple months mainly about CV's issue and stucked notes type of bugs. At least that's the reply I got on the phone by Moog support, confirmed since thru other forums.

Now the arising discussion is about Amos Gaynes.
Memorymoog, Moog One 16, Voyager RME, Sub 37, DFAM, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Expressive E Osmose

MWK

Post by MWK » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:13 pm

They've created one of most amazing synthesizers and they completely gave up on it? I highly doubt that. It doesn't make any sense to me. Even if finances were an issue, you make the firmware open source and let the community fix it. I don't know, there's too much speculation about it. I just hope Moog comes out with an official message on what's going on so we can put these rumours to rest.

The Moog One, on a development standpoint still has soooooo much potential! Ryan Zachry installed DOOM on it for BOB'S SAKE! https://www.ryanzachry.com/2021/09/06/m ... -doom.html

What about Amos Gaynes? You think he's no longer with Moog?

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 pm

According to his LinkedIn page, Amos is still at Moog Music as their Director of Product Development.
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.

kendallhalbert

Post by kendallhalbert » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:45 pm

Patience! :mrgreen:
With both the Minitaur and Sub37, it took a couple of years to fully shake out the firmware. IMHO it was worth the wait, as both of those products are now rock solid.
Original Model D, Taurus 1, Source, Minitaur, Voyager RME, One 16 voice

Otto Dix

Post by Otto Dix » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:51 pm

MWK wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:13 pm
The Moog One, on a development standpoint still has soooooo much potentia
I am with you. To me PolyAT is my "most wanted". But I also consider that, even unfinished, Moog One is already an extraordinary instrument already part of many famous recordings. Very flexible, unique in its ergonomics and untouched by any other analog synths in its huge abilities.
VocoVacca wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 pm According to his LinkedIn page, Amos is still at Moog Music as their Director of Product Development.
For sure. But a couple of remarks about this beloved guy.

For years, he has been a regular spokeperson for Moog, Many press interviews, videos interviews, forums presence, new product presentations and products developments presentations (remember the video exposing concepts of what should be the future of a polyphonic synth ? Which actually was a very advanced preview of the One). I'm sure many here have memories of his personal strong involvement about each of Sub 37 updates. But since what ? 18 months ? no more communications from the man.

Then, one of the discussed topics, is that he's already working on future products at Moog and not really involved in future Moog One updates.. Therefore, due to Moog One complexity, future updates would be very limited.

I guess we'll have a clearer view in a couple of months.
Memorymoog, Moog One 16, Voyager RME, Sub 37, DFAM, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Expressive E Osmose

MWK

Post by MWK » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:48 am

I was considering selling my Moog One at one point, but then I realized there's just nothing like it out there. It's such a beast. I think most of the time, the problems I have with it is that I try to do too much with it. The possibilities are endless and I find myself getting lost in that. Whereas, with a Prophet 5/10 for example, the limitations help me to be creative. What I found to be helpful is you have to create your own limitations and be very considerate of the actions you take on the Moog One. It can sometimes just unravel to quickly if you're not careful. I'm not sure if others experienced the same thing with the Moog One, but since I've been slowing my sculpting down a bit, I've been finding so many beautiful details in the sounds it can make. With the Moog One, it takes longer to create the sound you want, but when you get there, it's so rewarding. I guess it's a fine balance. All that to say that the Moog One is amazing. I will never consider selling it again.

Spb

Post by Spb » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:39 pm

Good evening everyone from England.

I had a message from Moog the other day as i had not validated my subscription to the email newsletter (from December 2020) They said exciting news was coming this Spring and they did not want me to miss it. So i am hopeful there will be improvements that will keep most people happy. For what its worth i am very happy with the Moog One bar a few tuning issues which have appeared recently. When it is fully warmed up they disappear. Sonically it's scary and i feel the possibilities are endless. It is a joy to play and over a year on, i feel i have only just scratched the surface. Let's hope the no news is good news adage is true and that Moog blows us away shortly. I personally am happy that i am with them on this journey.

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:25 pm

@MWK: You made me smile. I find myself oh so often using the Prophet 10 Rev4 over the Moog One, because it is so convenient, easy, great sounding, putting all the VSTis in the dust.
Then again, if I find the time, I take the challenge trying to get the same results out of the Moog One. I would say it never failed yet! So, why don't I use it more often? That's hard to say. I don't know why. Definitely not due to its operating system, which I find pretty good. Yes, a few things are not ideal yet, but I can only second your opinion: It is the best (poly)synth out there. Even with 1.4.0.