Digital Components on Moog One

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
SteveModana

Digital Components on Moog One

Post by SteveModana » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:52 pm

I was wondering, which components on the Moog One might be digital. One can be sure, that the sequencer has to be digital, but what about the LFOs and ENVs. I guess they are kind of digitally controlled, or is everything made through circuits? Not to forget everything is saveable.

Not that it changes anything, I’m just curious..
Moog One, Moog Voyager RME, SEQ Prophet 10, DSI Poly Evolver PE, Behringer Neutron+Pro-1, Access Virus TI Polar, iMac i9, UAD Apollos, www.begemo.com

TheDigitalMan

Re: Digital Components on Moog One

Post by TheDigitalMan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Some excerpts from the manual.

The heart of the Moog One sound is its analog signal path

Analog (Digital Effects can be bypassed to maintain 100% analog signal path)

SYNTH EFFECTS: Dedicated in-line effect per SYNTH 1, SYNTH 2, and SYNTH 3 (When disengaged, the signal path is 100% analog)

Purists can even bypass the entire digital Effects section to achieve a 100% analog audio path - from the Oscillators, Filters, and Amplifier, to the final analog output jacks.

I would suspect the ARP & Sequencer is digital but not sure about that.

SteveModana

Post by SteveModana » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:21 pm

I know the manual well, as well as their website. They never mention the envs and lfos.. just saying.
Moog One, Moog Voyager RME, SEQ Prophet 10, DSI Poly Evolver PE, Behringer Neutron+Pro-1, Access Virus TI Polar, iMac i9, UAD Apollos, www.begemo.com

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:07 pm

I believe, as is quite common in complex modern analog polys at least, Modulation envelopes and LFOs are digitally calculated and then rendered to CVs. Benefit is huge flexibility and upgrade ability with no real downside in my view.

SteveModana

Post by SteveModana » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:12 am

That makes sense, but for sure nobody knows really I think..