Next 1.5 update, when ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
HookedOnSonics

Re: Next 1.5 update, when ?

Post by HookedOnSonics » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:54 pm

smv wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:14 am on gearspace (somewhere in the forum ) there is someone that states that he talked with someone "near" Moog and he said that they are developing a firmware update but they don't know when it will be ready.....who knows where is the truth
That said, i don't think that if some developers left Moog, they cannot develop the firmware anymore. They made a reissue of the model D after 30-35 years( even if the Model D is very basic compared to the Moog One ) and after Bob Moog passed away. So i think that is strange that they cannot develop the firmware, cause some people left Moog.
Of course this is my opinion
cheers
This is all a little concerning. I have a Claravox on the way this month. Will lack of dev for that be the same issue moving forward? Is this going to the be the new normal. When I opened a support case a couple of weeks ago and asked if a 1.5 would be on the horizon, it's concerning that all I got to date is crickets in the background.

Looks like Moog is looking for a Senior Firmware and Software Engineer coding in C/C++ or XMOS. Moog is also looking for a Director of Engineering. Hopefully they can fill those positions and the Moog One is reviewed for concerns and those concerns are eventually resolved.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

smv

Post by smv » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:47 am

HookedOnSonics wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:54 pm
smv wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:14 am on gearspace (somewhere in the forum ) there is someone that states that he talked with someone "near" Moog and he said that they are developing a firmware update but they don't know when it will be ready.....who knows where is the truth
That said, i don't think that if some developers left Moog, they cannot develop the firmware anymore. They made a reissue of the model D after 30-35 years( even if the Model D is very basic compared to the Moog One ) and after Bob Moog passed away. So i think that is strange that they cannot develop the firmware, cause some people left Moog.
Of course this is my opinion
cheers
This is all a little concerning. I have a Claravox on the way this month. Will lack of dev for that be the same issue moving forward? Is this going to the be the new normal. When I opened a support case a couple of weeks ago and asked if a 1.5 would be on the horizon, it's concerning that all I got to date is crickets in the background.

Looks like Moog is looking for a Senior Firmware and Software Engineer coding in C/C++ or XMOS. Moog is also looking for a Director of Engineering. Hopefully they can fill those positions and the Moog One is reviewed for concerns and those concerns are eventually resolved.
So at least from Moog there is the will to support the One. I had an Andromeda A6 nearly 20 years ago and it was a big shame Alesis abandoned it. I really don't want it will be the same with this synth

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:46 pm

HookedOnSonics wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:47 pm
rts wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:29 pm At superbooth 2021, I have talked to someone who is in the Moog business. He said, there will be no new firmware update any more. The reason was that key people left the company.
Does this mean Amos Gaynes has left Moog?
Amos's LinkedIn page still lists him as "Director of Product Development" so, hopefully, he still holds that position.
The thing is, Moog has a lot of products to continue developing and support: from the Moog One, to the semi-modulars, to the Claravox—not counting whatever might be in the pipeline. That's a huge engineering load for a relatively small company. :shock:
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.

byatis

Post by byatis » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 am

Not an actual promise, but I got contact with customer service finally and they said that there will be two major firmware updates coming hopefully before christmas 2021.

I certainly hope this is true.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:05 am

byatis wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 am Not an actual promise, but I got contact with customer service finally and they said that there will be two major firmware updates coming hopefully before christmas 2021.

I certainly hope this is true.
Outstanding!!!
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Otto Dix

Post by Otto Dix » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Contact phone number available on Moog website : (+1) 828 251 0090. Customer/Technical Service : ext. 2

I called them today and spoke with a very friendly person at Customer Service. He said there are a few updates coming but a safe bet for 1.5 would be spring 2022.

I asked if he has some specifics about this 1.5 update content. He told there will be CV issues fixes as well as other fixes like sustained notes.

I asked if PolyAftertouch would be part of it but he had no infos about this.
Memorymoog, Moog One 16, Voyager RME, Sub 37, DFAM, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Expressive E Osmose

guillemostaza

Post by guillemostaza » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:24 am

Am I the only one checking Moog website or this forum EVERYDAY? Please, we need to fix these bugs (and have more modulation functions). So frustrating.

smv

Post by smv » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:50 pm

No, don't feel alone. I come here everyday too :D

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:51 pm

Me too.

smv

Post by smv » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Look at this....
https://youtu.be/piB-yaLLQj0

cheers

MWK

Post by MWK » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:48 pm

I'm on daily creep mode. :|

MWK

Post by MWK » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:17 am

Just checked the Careers section on their site. Seems they are no longer looking for a Firmware Developer. Giddy up codeboy! ;)

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:03 am

MWK wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:17 am Just checked the Careers section on their site. Seems they are no longer looking for a Firmware Developer. Giddy up codeboy! ;)
Or they have given up on this.
Did you ever look into the SQLite database and the saved files the Moog One emits? I mean, why are all params identified by concatenate strings? Is this efficient? Hopefully there actually is this new guy, and hopefully he is fixing this - the preset preview is just sooo slooow.
The Moog One is the best sounding synth I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Now it must become a top selling synth with a great new firmware.

MWK

Post by MWK » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:53 am

Some firmware things that bother me are when you hear weird sound glitches when you screenshot/save a preset or when you change the rate of an LFO that isn't being used, for example. Any change in parameter that isn't directly related to the sound that is being generated shouldn't affect the sound, that's a big issue. It doesn't make sense to me.

Imagine turning the volume knob of a source that is off and some sort of noise comes through the signal as you're doing it. That's what I liken the issues I just described to. A screenshot shouldn't generate a sound...

Anyways, I'm sure they will figure it out. Because if the Moog One's firmware is solid, the Moog One is going to be the one and only synth to own at that point. It sounds so beautiful and besides the sound glitches and firmware issues, it's a joy to program.

Avantmidi

Post by Avantmidi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm

I am a happy owner of a 8 voice since last week.
Love it and look forward to OS updates.
Moog sold twice the expected amount of Moog One's due to the Pandemic.
So that is positive for us owners in regards to OS updates / footprint / Amount of Ones out there.
Unfortunately a distributor told me due to supply challenges they will start production of the One in Q3 2022 again.
Let's have som nice OS updates in the near Future!

Bugfixes
New FX

Merry Christmass..! :D