Next 1.5 update, when ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
HookedOnSonics

Re: Next 1.5 update, when ?

Post by HookedOnSonics » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Man, those operators must be really really busy

Captains Log, Stardate 9.14.21

(02:16:19 PM) Me: Howdy Folks, just want to find out if we might get a 1.5 firmware release before the end of the year. I currently have a Moog One 16 voice, Thanks!!!
(02:17:21 PM) Moog Music: We apologize for keeping you waiting! Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

So far all I'm getting back is crickets. Thinking about amplifying them and throwing some sine and saws at em :-)
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

alainhubert

Post by alainhubert » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Has Moog Music Inc closed down due to COVID-19 perhaps? Leaving only the automated answering service, and forum on?
Seems like it's been abandoned for over a year now...
So, has history repeated itself, with the overambitious Moog One having sunk the company, much like the Memorymoog did back in the day? I'm wondering...

alonglost13

Post by alonglost13 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:37 pm

The silence is what I find disappointing. Especially to those of us willing to invest in the One.
OS X 10.11.4 (64 bit) |Ableton & Logic | Moog Sub 37 | Minitaur |Minilogue | Tr-8

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:14 pm

Well in fairness they have launched a new clothing range and updated the iOS 15 app whilst launching a SR synth case for the matriarch....so it’s not all doom and gloom :wink:

I’m sure a firmware upgrade is coming but agree the lack of Comms is depressing given Amos et al spending all that time initially guiding us through the early developments as well as responding to feature requests. Not sure why they’ve changed their approach on what is their flagship product after all.

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:02 am

Iaamusic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:14 pm Well in fairness they have launched a new clothing range and updated the iOS 15 app whilst launching a SR synth case for the matriarch....so it’s not all doom and gloom :wink:

I’m sure a firmware upgrade is coming but agree the lack of Comms is depressing given Amos et al spending all that time initially guiding us through the early developments as well as responding to feature requests. Not sure why they’ve changed their approach on what is their flagship product after all.
The flagship ain't paying the bills. I actually think (based on some hearsay) that the development and production cost of the Moog One is still not covered by the turnovers from sold units. So, making apps and merch is what Moog needs to do, unfortunately.

alainhubert

Post by alainhubert » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Matthias Adloff wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:02 am The flagship ain't paying the bills. I actually think (based on some hearsay) that the development and production cost of the Moog One is still not covered by the turnovers from sold units. So, making apps and merch is what Moog needs to do, unfortunately.
At this price point, what were they thinking? That the Moog One would be flying off the shelf like some low-cost, overseas-made Behringer product? I'm afraid that this looks like another Alesis Adromeda, or Moog Memorymoog, or ARP Avatar story; all audacious products that failed to sell well and brought the company down with them. I hope not, but it doesn't look good...

guillemostaza

Post by guillemostaza » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:59 am

I visit Moog website everyday since I have the Moog One. This is so frustrating. We need to begin a #updatefockinmoogone movement or something in that. These things work.

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:31 am

guillemostaza wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:59 am I visit Moog website everyday since I have the Moog One. This is so frustrating. We need to begin a #updatefockinmoogone movement or something in that. These things work.
... and what, if this would be the answer:

"Actually we fix only the known bugs very soon and build a 1.5 without any feature requests.
In future, we will make all feature requests in seperate updates chargeable."

Is this, what you want? I don´t think so.

May be, some bugs are hard to find or to reproduce/fix. This needs time in development and
quality management.

It sounds like, the Moog One is absolutely unuseable with the latest firmware - I don´t agree. If you believe or not:
I don´t notice any bugs actually when I play the Moog One. The device runs in stable mode in my studio.

But ...

It´s a bad information policy - I agree.

Cheers.
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

Pencilcase

Post by Pencilcase » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:16 pm

It sounds like, the Moog One is absolutely unuseable with the latest firmware - I don´t agree. If you believe or not:
I don´t notice any bugs actually when I play the Moog One. The device runs in stable mode in my studio.
For me, it is. I can't use with cubase because notes hang on randomly. It is no fun when you're exporting a song and notice a note hang on and I need to cancel/reedo the exporting process till this don't happen again. It makes no sense, so at the moment the One is only usable in my case, to play but not to work with. Again, it makes no sense for the price tag. ( notes hang on only on arpeggiated or atleast the probability to happen is higher with that notes )

When this will be fixed then for me will be a nice situation but suddenly the updates stopped in that critical point. So having this synth for 2 years without any profitable use makes no sense... I love it, but hell...

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 am

Pencilcase wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:16 pm
For me, it is. I can't use with cubase because notes hang on randomly. It is no fun when you're exporting a song and notice a note hang on and I need to cancel/reedo the exporting process till this don't happen again. It makes no sense, so at the moment the One is only usable in my case, to play but not to work with. Again, it makes no sense for the price tag. ( notes hang on only on arpeggiated or atleast the probability to happen is higher with that notes )

When this will be fixed then for me will be a nice situation but suddenly the updates stopped in that critical point. So having this synth for 2 years without any profitable use makes no sense... I love it, but hell...
That´s only so for me, because I never had high expectations using the Moog One in a DAW. I use Logic and Reason without any problems and I am satisfied. But in respect, I have understanding for all users with higher expectations using the Moog One in a DAW than me. I think, this would be annoying too for me.

Good to know, that there are actually more feature requests than bugs :wink:

In hope for a soon update!

Best regards
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-30 um 16.07.25.png
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

rts

Post by rts » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:29 pm

At superbooth 2021, I have talked to someone who is in the Moog business. He said, there will be no new firmware update any more. The reason was that key people left the company.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm

I've also had the hanging notes over midi problem when sequencing from Cubase or my Cirklon. It seems like it is not reliably responding to midi note off. I have to reset it (Octave + and _ simultaniously is all notes off) occasonally just to make it stop. Very annoying on a flagship instrument.
Truth is, as a stand alone player, this thing is amazing. But integrated into my studio, it's yet to live up to its potential. Hopefully the next firmware update (if it EVER comes?!) will fix this, but the silence from Moog on this is disheartening. And I've been a Moog guy since the 70s, so I'm really disappointed in the lack of communication about this.
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:47 pm

rts wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:29 pm At superbooth 2021, I have talked to someone who is in the Moog business. He said, there will be no new firmware update any more. The reason was that key people left the company.
Does this mean Amos Gaynes has left Moog?
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:16 am

HookedOnSonics wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:47 pm
rts wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:29 pm At superbooth 2021, I have talked to someone who is in the Moog business. He said, there will be no new firmware update any more. The reason was that key people left the company.
Does this mean Amos Gaynes has left Moog?
Geert Bevin is the Senior Software Engineer, and actually

Software Engineering and Product Manager.

smv

Post by smv » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:14 am

on gearspace (somewhere in the forum ) there is someone that states that he talked with someone "near" Moog and he said that they are developing a firmware update but they don't know when it will be ready.....who knows where is the truth
That said, i don't think that if some developers left Moog, they cannot develop the firmware anymore. They made a reissue of the model D after 30-35 years( even if the Model D is very basic compared to the Moog One ) and after Bob Moog passed away. So i think that is strange that they cannot develop the firmware, cause some people left Moog.
Of course this is my opinion
cheers