Wireless (Qwerty) Keyboard

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
eltobosolo

Wireless (Qwerty) Keyboard

Post by eltobosolo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Has anyone had any luck with using a wireless keyboard for naming patches/synths/sequences etc.? I.e. with a USB dongle.

Sugar

Re: Wireless (Qwerty) Keyboard

Post by Sugar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:18 pm

I tried, didn't work. M1 doesn't support BT dongles.

obliterations

Post by obliterations » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 pm

Yes, got one of those little bluetooth keyboards that come with a little USB transmitter. I keep the USB transmitter plugged in the Moog One. Its very low profile. Then just turn the keyboard on when I need it. Works like a charm. Cost about $15 on amazon.

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:37 am

Correction: a wireless keyboard does work, but only via a 2.4Ghz RF connection (a keyboard has to have an RF dongle). Bluetooth keyboards are not supported.

devnull

Post by devnull » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:37 am

FWIW, I picked up this wireless compact keyboard on Amazon, and it works fine with my Moog One. Normal size keys but the keyboard itself is very compact (no numeric pad and scroll keys are tucked below shift key). On Moog One, able to scroll over text with left/right scroll buttons. Up scroll goes to beginning of text, down scroll goes to end of text. Able to delete chars with delete (next char) and backspace (previous char). Can insert text and type both upper and lower case. Additional functions (e.g. PrtScr/Insert, etc. - are alt functions on the function keys). On/Off switch on back to save battery when not in use. Battery compartment has place to store the USB dongle. No software or setup required - just load batteries and plug in USB. Keys are slightly raised, have motion and click when pressed (like a normal keyboard, but the keys are almost flush with keyboard face). $19.99 right now.

I like it - much easier than pressing the Moog One keyboard - though I was getting rather good at that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZR ... UTF8&psc=1