strange issue ...corrupted data?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
smv

strange issue ...corrupted data?

Post by smv » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Hello guys,
i finally purchased a moog one 16 voices.
it is an incredible sounding machine.
But i noticed , playing with the presets, that the patch Sergio, doesn't sound correctly. i mean that only the trumpet sound it plays . the other 2 , nothing ,even if the corresponding synths are on . and i also noticed it in another patch , but i cannot remember the name right now.
Did anyone experience it?
thanks

Nucleus

Re: strange issue ...corrupted data?

Post by Nucleus » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:01 am

Hi,
Confirmed!

I have my Moog One now for a few days and I checked with the store and the same problem occurs on their demo-synth (with older firmware) so there seems to be no specific hardware problem :D
I investigated a bit further...

If you put off the synth effects for the other two sounds (string and bass) in Sergio you will notice that the sounds are audible again.
The problem is related to the specific arrangement of the digital effects and/or corrupted patch data and/or incompatibility of the patch with the version of the OS and/or a firmware bug. I cannot determine the real cause.
I found that for the bass sound, reselecting the effect type in the menu will restore functionality for the bass but not for the string sound.
If the synth fx are implemented as a channel-insert in the signal chain it seems normal that you can't hear the string since the output level of the string sound is set to 0 in the mix (VCA->More button). However if you replace the synth-effect type to a delay type effect it will become audible again. I also found a relation with the master effect on/off state so it seems like a bug to me.

noisebit

Re: strange issue ...corrupted data?

Post by noisebit » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X