Has Moog indicated how many Moog One's will be produced?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
hardgame

Has Moog indicated how many Moog One's will be produced?

Post by hardgame » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:22 pm

The only reference I have seen is a youtube comment saying there would be a production run of 2000. Any idea?

till

Re: Has Moog indicated how many Moog One's will be produced?

Post by till » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:41 am

Why should they limit the run, if there are enough buyers for one?
Some of the products were limited due to limited available old stock of parts.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

hardgame

Post by hardgame » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:02 pm

I don't really have an opinion on if they should or shouldn't. It's a somewhat divisive product, and personally I was surprised to see the comment. It seemed to indicate that maybe it was not selling well, or maybe even that there is an intentional limited run as to keep "hype" elevated for the brand within the long term vision of the company. Just made me curious as to what the secondary market for one will look like in 5/10/20/50 years etc. All from a stupid youtube comment I know, but still curious.

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:11 pm

Considering how many years they put into its design, I'd image they'd sell them as long as people keep buying them. It seems that generally they do a limited run with something when they are rebuilding classic models but have a limited number of the old parts available. Otherwise, they seem to keep things in production until they have another product that fills a similar space in the works.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Sub 37, Korg SV-1, MFB Tanzmaus, Roland RC-202, Sano Zon-Rio Accordion, MF Drive, MF Delay

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:30 am

In one of the Moog One System Architecture videos, Amos says that nothing in the Moog One is "unobaintium", that Moog engineers looked ahead to make sure that the long-term availability of the parts is very good. Indicates to me that Moog expects to support the Moog One (or its architecture, at least) for a long time. Pouring years of R&D into a massive, complex poly synth is a huge commitment and Moog will want a positive return on that investment.

uberdavis

Post by uberdavis » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:04 pm

The production run has hit 3,000 to date so far. Pretty amazing when you think about it for such an expensive unit!

https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2020 ... nthesizer/