Your 4 biggest wishes

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Sugar

Your 4 biggest wishes

Post by Sugar » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm

If you could choose only four things (other than bug fixes), what would it be?

Here are mine:

1. Global LFO Mode
where an LFO would be in phase for all voices, with a reset on clock start command.

2. Local Off
accepting input only through MIDI, in order to avoid double notes when connected to a DAW.

3. Visual Feedback of Waveform Modulation
Currently, if you modulate an LFO or a VCO, there's no visual feedback, neither through LEDs, small displays nor the main screen. Particularly confusing are LFO's red LEDs blinking at a nominal rate, even if the rate is being modulated by another LFO.

4. Autofocus
a hardware setting, where moving a knob or pressing a button would automatically expand a relevant "MORE" section on the screen. Double press a "MORE" button to turn the feature on or off.

noisebit

Re: Your 4 biggest wishes

Post by noisebit » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:24 pm

1. Enabling the Network Adapter for Firmware Updates
2. Enabling the Network Adapter for Sound Sharing (Common Sharing Platform By Moog)
3. Enablling the Network Adapter for using as a local Host - using a GUI for wiring the mod Matrix on Computer Screen
4. More time to play the MO
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

chefmenteur

Post by chefmenteur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Sugar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm 3. Visual Feedback of Waveform Modulation
Currently, if you modulate an LFO or a VCO, there's no visual feedback, neither through LEDs, small displays nor the main screen. Particularly confusing are LFO's red LEDs blinking at a nominal rate, even if the rate is being modulated by another LFO.
I was just thinking how nice this would be the other day!

For me, I would also like:

1. An option to prevent "jumping" knobs when switching between synth layers. Something like hold down an alt key and then the physical knob turn won't have any effect UNTIL you return it to its virtual location (in memory). I wouldn't want this to be on all the time, but when doing certain ambient sweeps, it's jarring to hear a filter cutoff jump from one extreme to the other because I switched synths and touched the cutoff knob slightly.

2. A way to retune the One in other (non equal) temperaments, such as Just Intonation. It seems like now they have the oscillator retuning thing happening, this could be a logical next step!

3. Same as yours, above!

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:13 pm

chefmenteur wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:36 pm 1. An option to prevent "jumping" knobs when switching between synth layers. Something like hold down an alt key and then the physical knob turn won't have any effect UNTIL you return it to its virtual location (in memory). I wouldn't want this to be on all the time, but when doing certain ambient sweeps, it's jarring to hear a filter cutoff jump from one extreme to the other because I switched synths and touched the cutoff knob slightly.
Isn't it what HARDWARE SETTINGS: KNOB MODE (ABSOLUTE, PASS THROUGH, RELATIVE) is for?

chefmenteur

Post by chefmenteur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Sugar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:13 pm Isn't it what HARDWARE SETTINGS: KNOB MODE (ABSOLUTE, PASS THROUGH, RELATIVE) is for?
Thanks for that! I had read most of the manual, but didn't get quite that far. This is what I'm talking about, but would ideally have a button to hold down to activate Pass Through mode temporarily. I'll play around with the other 2 modes in the meantime.

The Eventide pedals have a Pass Through mode, but maybe something about their implementation or my brain causes me confusion.

The Relative mode on the One sounds intriguing, and might be a perfect compromise.

slufter87

Post by slufter87 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Sugar wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm If you could choose only four things (other than bug fixes), what would it be?

Here are mine:

1. Global LFO Mode
where an LFO would be in phase for all voices, with a reset on clock start command.

2. Local Off
accepting input only through MIDI, in order to avoid double notes when connected to a DAW.

3. Visual Feedback of Waveform Modulation

4. Autofocus
a hardware setting, where moving a knob or pressing a button would automatically expand a relevant "MORE" section on the screen. Double press a "MORE" button to turn the feature on or off.
I second all of this! Number 2 / Local Off would be VERY helpful.