VST/AU Plugin?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
XAXAU

VST/AU Plugin?

Post by XAXAU » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Is there a VST/AU plugin coming?

DAW integration and the speed and ease of using automation is vital to my workflow

And for a synth this complex it would be extremely helpful with a librarian at least

The Moog One is my dreamsynth but will pass on it if I can’t have the plugin

Cheers

Iaamusic

Re: VST/AU Plugin?

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:51 am

It’s primarily an analog polysynth, with good midi. I personally can’t see the point in a plugin. I’d prefer they concentrate on getting the firmware to where it’s aimed for. I can’t think what a plug in would offer over such a wonderful UI that the One has. In fact it kinda feels a bit dumb to invest in a moog one and then navigate it via a plug in!!! You need something else I suspect.

rudylost

Post by rudylost » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:44 pm

do we really need another "elektron overbridge " fiasco ?

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Iaamusic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:51 am It’s primarily an analog polysynth, with good midi. I personally can’t see the point in a plugin. I’d prefer they concentrate on getting the firmware to where it’s aimed for. I can’t think what a plug in would offer over such a wonderful UI that the One has. In fact it kinda feels a bit dumb to invest in a moog one and then navigate it via a plug in!!! You need something else I suspect.
The mod matrix is a bit primitive and setting up modulation is tedious imo

The VST/ AU plug-in for my Subsequent 37 is amazing, that’s what I want

Automation via midi cc in Ableton is a pita and really crappy overview of the automation, none to be exact

I have more automation tracks than actual tracks :)

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:07 pm

rudylost wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:44 pm do we really need another "elektron overbridge " fiasco ?
I have an Analog Heat mk2 that works flawlessly with overbridge

But I just meant a proper VST / AU plug-in really

:)

scd

Post by scd » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:42 am

rudylost wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:44 pm do we really need another "elektron overbridge " fiasco ?
:lol:

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:46 am

The mod matrix is a bit primitive and setting up modulation is tedious imo
Well we’re all different but I think it’s the easiest synth I’ve ever programmed. :D

Pencilcase

Post by Pencilcase » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:14 pm

While it is true about dev team must focus on fixing stuff and prioritize other important features, having a VST/AU plugin is a must for those who work in an studio environment. I own a One because how it sounds, tweak with my hands it is ok, but not the main reason. And my studio it is acustically treathed to sound perfect where my chair is, and the One it is not there. So yeah, when I have a project I would love to have a VST plugin to work from there, my chair. And eventually yes , tweak the One with my hands.

uberdavis

Post by uberdavis » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm

I wonder how straightforward it would be to build a third party VST host plugin. The Subsequent plugin is great with multiple to die for functions.
  • A searchable patch library
  • Patch backup
  • A system for transferring patch collections to the Subsequent
  • VST control of the synth in a DAW
I've never worked on a VST plugin before, but I've done other software projects. I would be keen to have a go, so long as I don't brick my unit!

inlandempire

Post by inlandempire » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:39 am

Guys, if you not did already please check one of the Moog One Architecture videos on Youtube. It is this one, if I remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBN_JJ-mc0&t=2165s

The developer stated that one of the main focus points and criteria when designing One was that it should be able to work smoothly without the need of a companion plugin. That it in all it's complexity still should be simple and accesable from the OS.

So I guess you will have to dream longer than long for a VST/AU editor plugin.