local control page missing

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
ZaphodB

local control page missing

Post by ZaphodB » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi, in my Moog One manual it says that in "settings" under "global" I should find a pace called "local control". However I can not find it on the synth. I do find the other pages liste din the manual (e.g. "Hardware Settings", "Midi Control" etc.). Has this page been removed? Or is it accessible through other means or elsewhere?

ZaphodB

Re: local control page missing

Post by ZaphodB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:43 am

Anyone?

till

Post by till » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:41 am

I am not in need for a Local Off mode. But maybe it is not included, due to their MIDI CC functionality just being introduced. And is it already complete?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:44 am

I just discovered with the Matriarch that by using midi over USB there's really no need to turn local off. Is there a specific reason you need this that can't be handled from your DAW and/or just turning the volume of the One to minimum?

ZaphodB

Post by ZaphodB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:16 am

Markyboard wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:44 am Is there a specific reason you need this that can't be handled from your DAW and/or just turning the volume of the One to minimum?
I'm surprised that the manual (version 0.1) I got with the synthesizer speaks about this midi functionality but that it is not in the menu system. There are 1.5 pages dedicated to what is called 'local control'. Next to the traditional local control function I know from other synthesizers (from other brands) the Moog One according to this page additionally allows for every input device (knobs, keys, pitch wheel etc) to be individually set to local or not.

I use the One with a midi device (not via USB) and want it to send notes to my DAW and allow the DAW to either send them back to the One or to another synth. In the config I have now in which I can not set local to OFF it sends midi to the DAW which echo's all notes, therefore the Moog plays 2 notes for every note ( which has a flanging effect ).

So I'm wondering whether this functionality was part of the Moog's features and has been withdrawn or that I'm just not able to find where it is at and would like some help from someone who does. 'Local Control' according to my manual is a sub chapter like 'Hardware Settings', 'Midi Control', 'Midi I/O' etc in the 'Settings' menu. It is just not there?!

till

Post by till » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm

In the most up-to-date version (no number given, but named Moog_One_Manual_8_2_19.pdf), there is no Local Control described. And I searched for the word "local" and just found one about "local authorized distributor".
And nothing in the "Moog One Midi Learn Addendum" PDF either.

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

ZaphodB

Post by ZaphodB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:12 pm

@Till: I bought my unit with Thomann in Germany and got a German manual with it, v0.1.
This contains 1 1/2 page of info about the 'local' settings. Really odd that it is not in the current manual anymore. Thanks for checking.

till

Post by till » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:23 am

ZaphodB wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:12 pm @Till: I bought my unit with Thomann in Germany and got a German manual with it, v0.1.
This was a german version, right? Git it here too. This one was made from an early, not available anymore for months, english version.

Sequence: