Stereo Imaging. Firmware 1.2.0

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Midiguy4u

Stereo Imaging. Firmware 1.2.0

Post by Midiguy4u » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:12 pm

Does the new update make improvements to the FX section?
Last edited by Midiguy4u on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moog System 55 with controller.Synthesizers Studio System 110 with controller, Voyager XL, (9) Moogerfoogers,(3) Mothers, (2)500-series Ladder filters, (2) 500-series analog delays. [img]fullmodular.jpg[/img]

jdmoog

Re: Stereo Imaging. Firmware 1.2.0

Post by jdmoog » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:24 pm

I'll go farther and say that the FX is a complete disappointment in the One. Not just the reverbs, as you detail, but all the others are really useless IMHO. I can't get the Flanger to sound anything like a flanger - it's just some weird warbly thing, no matter what I try. Same with the Ensemble, Chorus, Phaser, .... These should be dirt-simple to enable and use - witness the simple controls on stomp boxes that implement these effects: 2-3 knobs - but I can't get any of them on the One to sound anything like what I expect, even with the nearly dozen parameters.

You mention a couple of synths with powerful FX; the OB-6 and Prophet-6 have pretty basic FX (delays, flanger, phaser, chorus, reverbs), each with only 2 parameters, but I find them to sound pretty good and be a useful part of preset design.

AFAIK the One's FX are all in software, so they *should* be fixable with an OS update, right? I just installed 1.2.0 and I would not say they're fixed.