How to efficiently "zero" pots

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
TabbyCatte

How to efficiently "zero" pots

Post by TabbyCatte » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:47 pm

So, for bipolar params like Env Amt or tuning, I find myself constantly needing to bring up that section's screen in order to hit the "zero" mark.

Example: I accidentally adjust Env Amt for the State Var Filter instead of the Ladder (because they share the same knob), and need to return it to zero. Or, I want the Pulse wave duty cycle to be exactly 50% (pure square wave).

On all my other synths (literally all of them), bipolar values always have a detent - a center position that "clicks" into place (like on a pan knob). The One doesn't implement this for some reason. Is there any way to hit that zero mark without having to open the LCD and painstakingly fuss with the percentage value until it's zero? I find myself doing this all the time during editing, and it's really fussy. Ideally this should be purely tactile. I thought maybe there would be a Shift modifier or something, but there doesn't seem to be.

Thoughts?

rudylost

Re: How to efficiently "zero" pots

Post by rudylost » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:59 am

Maybe ,like on the Elektron , pressing shift while turning the pot could be implemented ( when pressing shift ,there are only 3 positions, left /right and center)

till

Post by till » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:35 am

rudylost wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:59 am Maybe ,like on the Elektron , pressing shift while turning the pot could be implemented ( when pressing shift ,there are only 3 positions, left /right and center)
Sounds like a good idea.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

bluezy65

Post by bluezy65 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:43 am

Always struggled with this on al the parameter values.

A simple way is to work with different coloured dots on the display, for example when in pass through mode a white dot appears on the home or edit screen for being correct on the saved value green for centred value blue for full left red for full right and so on.
So you have to press nothing to see if you are in correct position for the pot turning or pressed button right now!
This would very simplify editing!

TabbyCatte

Post by TabbyCatte » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:12 pm

OK I'm not the only crazy one :lol:

Those are all good suggestions - I'll put this in the FR thread, with a link back to this one. Cheers guys.