Moog Please Fix Envelope Sync / Loop Issue.

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
MWK

Moog Please Fix Envelope Sync / Loop Issue.

Post by MWK » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Basically, there is no way to set MIN values lower than 1/64th to either the Attack, Decay or Release when in Sync Mode. I believe this is terribly bad and here's why.

Say you want to create a simple 1/4 Loop but you don't want Attack or Release. You are forced to set Attack to 1/64 and Release at 1/64 (that's 1/32 of the 1/4 you're after). You would need to set Decay to 7/32 for the entire Loop to be exactly 1/4. Unfortunately you can't so you're left with either 1/8 or 1/4. So now your 'Synced' Loop is either 5/32 in length or 9/32 in length. You can't sync to another LFO, Sequencer, or Arp with those values. Guys, it doesn't ADD UP!

If you're following, great you understand the problem / if you're not, don't worry it shouldn't be this confusing and Moog should find a way to solve this so you don't have to think about it.

The simplest way to solve this (in theory) is to allow 0 values to Attack, Decay and Release.

Moog, can you please look into this? I mentioned it in one of the firmware update chat sessions and it never was mentioned again. The Sub 37 didn't have this issue and I feel like the Sync / Loop Mode on the Moog One is completely unusable like this.

PhilAiken

Re: Moog Please Fix Envelope Sync / Loop Issue.

Post by PhilAiken » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:54 am

Seconding. It does not mean you can't use looping envelopes in time with the other clock driven functions, but it does mean that you can't do it with fast or zero release or attack stages, and that you have some constraints otherwise.

paddy ryan

Re: Moog Please Fix Envelope Sync / Loop Issue.

Post by paddy ryan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 pm

What would be REALLY nice would be the ability to set a beat division (say one beat, four beats, whatever) for the entire envelope cycle... so your loop would always be in sync, and you could tweak the stages and they would adjust relative to the overall timing of the envelope. Otherwise, if you change one stage, you have to adjust all the others to maintain the overall loop timing.