lot of bugs

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
SanhajiMusic

lot of bugs

Post by SanhajiMusic » Tue May 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Here is a list of the Bugs I found

1. When I record a step modulation (eg oscillator frequency)
then the recorded data is completely outside the scale of the knob.
And if I delete the sequence, the OSC is super deep or super high and I can not use it anymore.
Everything needs to be reset or I need to load a new preset.

That you do not hear what you record in the step mod has been discussed many times and I do not add it to the list here as a bug although I do it now hahah
Unfortunately, I find the sequencer currently totally useless for me.
That makes the company elektron much better. :-(
From the sequencer I really expected more and I hope that this problem will be solved soon.

2. Insert 4 (Return) is only on the left side of the output

3. Initialize the sequencer Restarts the Moog One. (1.06)

5. The external input is getting louder per voice I play.

Regards
Brian
Last edited by SanhajiMusic on Wed May 22, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_DemonDan_

Re: lot of bugs

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed May 22, 2019 10:32 am

SanhajiMusic wrote:The external input is getting louder per voice I play.
Hi Brian, this is the expected result. Anything going to the External Audio Input is combined in the Mixer as a part of each voice for that Synth.

If you play multiple voices you will hear multiple instances of everything going into that Synth's Mixer (OSCs 1-3, Ring Mod, Noise, and Ext. Input).

What Ext. Input isn't is a separate audio path that acts independently of the voices. It needs to be a part of a voice so that it can be processed by the filters and amp.

Hope that helps.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

SanhajiMusic

Post by SanhajiMusic » Wed May 22, 2019 6:37 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Hi Brian, this is the expected result. Anything going to the External Audio Input is combined in the Mixer as a part of each voice for that Synth.

If you play multiple voices you will hear multiple instances of everything going into that Synth's Mixer (OSCs 1-3, Ring Mod, Noise, and Ext. Input).

What Ext. Input isn't is a separate audio path that acts independently of the voices. It needs to be a part of a voice so that it can be processed by the filters and amp.

Hope that helps.

Hey
Thanks for your answer, but that makes no sense to me.
Why I want my external input to get louder when I play more voices?
The EXT in must be open when I play a voice, but it should not get louder.

hmmm

PhilAiken

Post by PhilAiken » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am

SanhajiMusic wrote:
_DemonDan_ wrote:

Hope that helps.

Hey
Thanks for your answer, but that makes no sense to me.
Why I want my external input to get louder when I play more voices?
The EXT in must be open when I play a voice, but it should not get louder.

hmmm
Think of it this way.
If you have the noise source active in the mixer for a polyphonic sound, when you hit one note, you hear the noise with that voice. When you hit two notes, you hear the noise with each voice. The same noise, but louder. The external source is no different. You are hearing two instances of the same source.
I used noise because it is obvious that way, but really the same thing is true for the oscillators. The only difference is that USUALLY the oscillator pitch is affected by the keyboard, so you hear two different notes rather than 2 of the same note. If you disabled that, you would hear the same note, but louder.

If your patch is set to mono, this does not occur.
The workaround if you want one instance only of the external source layered with a polyphonic patch is to use a 2nd synth, set to mono, for the external source.