Apple keyboards...can we have a fix?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Synthient Sound

Apple keyboards...can we have a fix?

Post by Synthient Sound » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm

I've noticed a lot of us are Apple users and cannot use our standard Apple QWERTY keyboards to enter notes yet. It takes way too long using the One keybed to enter notes. I'd really like to ad notes to my patches, and I'm having problems remembering what I've done if I have several variations of a patch.

I know Moog knows about this and they've responded to it in videos, however we don't yet have a fix.

My very common Apple keyboard is Model No. A1243.

When can we have a fix for this? Thanks!

Iaamusic

Re: Apple keyboards...can we have a fix?

Post by Iaamusic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:56 am

Cryss, I use my old usb apple keyboard just fine? I think it was from my old G5 power Mac.

Ian

till

Post by till » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:45 am

My old Mac keyboard works fine here. I think Apple is to blame here, as all others, even the most affordable ones, work fine with the Moog One.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

MC

Post by MC » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 am

There are a lot of counterfeit Apple accessories around, especially on Amazon. Are you sure it is a genuine Apple keyboard?
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Synthient Sound

Post by Synthient Sound » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:18 am

MC wrote:There are a lot of counterfeit Apple accessories around, especially on Amazon. Are you sure it is a genuine Apple keyboard?
Yes, purchased from an Apple store. Many others have commented (Gearslutz, livestreams, etc) that they have the same problem with Apple keyboards.

paddy ryan

Post by paddy ryan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:17 pm

FWIW.... my Apple keyboards do not work either. I guess I should just pick up a cheap PC keyboard ...

MWK

Post by MWK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 am

Mine doesn't either. I think it might be because it has 2-usb hub on it? Maybe the Moog One isn't able to power the entire keyboard? Until then, my presets have really lazy names.

Moog, can you find a fix?

Synthient Sound

Post by Synthient Sound » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:59 pm

I really hope they fix this soon as I have a lot of patch notes to write. Buying a keyboard just for my keyboard...is that like my dog having her own pet cat? ;)

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Synthient Sound wrote:I really hope they fix this soon as I have a lot of patch notes to write. Buying a keyboard just for my keyboard...is that like my dog having her own pet cat? ;)
I just took an old wired pc one laying around at my office collecting dust. Works great. Lots of people have these just lying around.

Synthient Sound

Post by Synthient Sound » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Not me!...been an Apple user for 16 years. :) All the PC people I know either switched to Apple, but most just use phones or tablets now, so none to be scavenged, unfortunately.

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:05 am

I connected an old Apple USB keyboard to my Moog One and it works great—but it's an old keyboard: white and clear plastic with the sculpted clicky keys. Model A1048. Tend to agree with till that it's an Apple USB implementation thing. But a much newer Apple keyboard (aluminum and flat white keys) works will with my Raspberry Pi 3, so who knows??
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.

mildwest

Post by mildwest » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Synthient Sound wrote:Not me!...been an Apple user for 16 years. :) All the PC people I know either switched to Apple, but most just use phones or tablets now, so none to be scavenged, unfortunately.
I’ll try and find another one I can send to you if you’d like. Think we have more collecting dust.

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:16 am

Synthient Sound wrote:I've noticed a lot of us are Apple users and cannot use our standard Apple QWERTY keyboards to enter notes yet. It takes way too long using the One keybed to enter notes. I'd really like to ad notes to my patches, and I'm having problems remembering what I've done if I have several variations of a patch.

I know Moog knows about this and they've responded to it in videos, however we don't yet have a fix.

My very common Apple keyboard is Model No. A1243.

When can we have a fix for this? Thanks!
Same Keyboard - same issue ;-(
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X