Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Apple keyboards...can we have a fix?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer

Apple keyboards...can we have a fix?

Postby Synthient Sound » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm

I've noticed a lot of us are Apple users and cannot use our standard Apple QWERTY keyboards to enter notes yet. It takes way too long using the One keybed to enter notes. I'd really like to ad notes to my patches, and I'm having problems remembering what I've done if I have several variations of a patch.

I know Moog knows about this and they've responded to it in videos, however we don't yet have a fix.

My very common Apple keyboard is Model No. A1243.

When can we have a fix for this? Thanks!
Synthient Sound

Re: Apple keyboards...can we have a fix?

Postby Iaamusic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:56 am

Cryss, I use my old usb apple keyboard just fine? I think it was from my old G5 power Mac.

Ian
Iaamusic

Postby till » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:45 am

My old Mac keyboard works fine here. I think Apple is to blame here, as all others, even the most affordable ones, work fine with the Moog One.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * Minimoog (1979) * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog reissues with MUSEs * One
till

Postby MC » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 am

There are a lot of counterfeit Apple accessories around, especially on Amazon. Are you sure it is a genuine Apple keyboard?
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi
MC

Postby Synthient Sound » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:18 am

MC wrote:There are a lot of counterfeit Apple accessories around, especially on Amazon. Are you sure it is a genuine Apple keyboard?

Yes, purchased from an Apple store. Many others have commented (Gearslutz, livestreams, etc) that they have the same problem with Apple keyboards.
Synthient Sound

Return to Moog One