Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Dust Cover

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer

Dust Cover

Postby kk1000 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Has anyone else tried out the Moog dust cover from Sweetwater for the One? I am pretty surprised at the results. I mean, it should be simple right? Just put the thing on and you’re protected from dust and critters. Not this dust cover. It actually deposits a layer of small dark fibers iver the entire surface. I vacuumed the inside material well so as to collect the loose stuff but there was no change. So instead of a dust cover I got a dusty cover. It’s going back.
Wow, that’s a tough thing to screw up. It has the Moog logo on it but I don’t know if that means it was made by Moog. Even though it was probably made in China, if the folks at Moog had anything to do with this, they should stick to making synths.
kk1000

Re: Dust Cover

Postby frs » Sat May 04, 2019 5:22 am

Got my One last wednessday including a One dust cover. Not from Sweetwater, but same issues here in the Netherlands: dark fibers from the dust cover all over the One.
frs

Postby mildwest » Sat May 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Turn it inside out. That’s what I did. It works just as well and solves the problem. No moog logo but who cares. Does the job and keeps the dust off.
mildwest

Postby starkaudio » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:26 pm

Mine had white nickel-to-quarter coin sized spots of white mold (?) or mildew (?) inside it. I wipedit out with a damp cloth. This was yesterday. I'll have to check this afternoon if the black fibers are present after leaving it on overnight.
http://lukestark.com
We could be friends. Hello.
starkaudio

Postby Bobbyjoebob » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:15 pm

I had the same issue with the Sweetwater cover.

I returned it and got this cover: https://www.digitaldeckcovers.com/moog-one (in double-sided quilted black nylon).

Works great.
Bobbyjoebob

Postby MWK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 am

Yep, same problem here.
MWK

Postby till » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 pm

I got a dust cover from www.viktoryshop.com for my Moog One and several other synths I own.
They are located in Slovenia. So the are EU. So easy to do from Germany.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * Minimoog (1979) * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog reissues with MUSEs * One
till

Return to Moog One