Filter close audible at 24db slope.

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Pencilcase

Filter close audible at 24db slope.

Post by Pencilcase » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 am

Hi, Moog One 16 v1.0.3 here, im asking if someone has any "problem" on the filters, i mean, if i close the filters (LP), and press the same note ( a lower one it's more noticeable ) many times, some times the sound is nearly close, not close at all ( at 24db slope ) but sometimes not and its noticeable... this happens a lot when EG amount is set to max... Compared to my subsequent 37 same values per slope, the subsequent it's nearly quiet or quiet ( at 24 db for example no sound ) depending on the slope ( except 6db... ) but the One its audible, and a lot compared... making impossible to do some sounds that need that feature like kicks, slappy bass,plucked leads, etc....

Im asking, if anyone has the same problem or it's just my unit... i even see in filter parameters, and all it's ok or atleast how it should be.

I search in many places and no one is saying that or atleast i don't see anyone saying anything related. ( my english is not my main language so sorry if it's there and i don't see it. )

Filter closed at 24 db slope should be quiet... even 18db the sound should be minimum... it's not the case...

till

Re: Filter close audible at 24db slope.

Post by till » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Received my Moog One 16 with factory installed version 1.03 today. The filter behaves absolute the way I am used to since my first Moog in 1981.
I can get the sound to be filtered to a very low level sine. But I am able to still hear a sound if I am on higher volumes. Tested with no modulations at all.
Maybe you got some velocity, key tracking or other modulations still active?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Pencilcase

Re: Filter close audible at 24db slope.

Post by Pencilcase » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 am

Hi Till thanks for the test and the answer, I talked with moog and im waiting to send my One to my region ,to be recalibrated/repaired.

I don't really know what it's the problem, but it has a problem because no keytracing and no modulation is used and not all voices act that way. I tested with init patch also.

Some voice cards don't act as expected... so calibration or fix is needed. Quick answer from moog when I show the problem so, I'm happy.