Moog One inbound UK!

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Iaamusic

Moog One inbound UK!

Post by Iaamusic » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:36 am

Mines arriving tomorrow- studio tidy up today, fresh coffee ordered, manual already read, songs awaiting to be recorded. This is a good day! :D

Euxine

Re: Moog One inbound UK!

Post by Euxine » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:04 am

Iaamusic wrote:Mines arriving tomorrow- studio tidy up today, fresh coffee ordered, manual already read, songs awaiting to be recorded. This is a good day! :D
Enjoy! I received mine last week, and have put no less than 2 hours in each day since!! Found it best to start slow.. haven't even touched the sequencer/arpeggiator yet..

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:18 pm

:D Excellent - still working out exactly where it goes!

Ian

zerajera

Post by zerajera » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:22 am

Iaamusic wrote:Mines arriving tomorrow- studio tidy up today, fresh coffee ordered, manual already read, songs awaiting to be recorded. This is a good day! :D
I ordered mine at the w/e, should be here in a week or two, so excited. I built my first synth in the 70's and the Moog One is a considerable step forward to the "one" I built!

Zera

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:15 am

Great news, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s so straightforward to use despite the complexity. It’s the only recent synth I’ve used where I most often start from a blank patch. I’ve ended up in places where I might not have got to if I was just flicking through presets. It does still feel like an instrument more than a computer.

Enjoy

Ian

zerajera

Post by zerajera » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:29 am

Iaamusic wrote:Great news, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. It’s so straightforward to use despite the complexity. It’s the only recent synth I’ve used where I most often start from a blank patch. I’ve ended up in places where I might not have got to if I was just flicking through presets. It does still feel like an instrument more than a computer.
Ian
That is music to my ears Ian! I doubt I'll never be in a position to buy another Moog ever again so this will be the one...

Zera

bruno_z

Post by bruno_z » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Fyi, I got my 16 voice last weekend, from GAK, I was 3rd in line.

zerajera

Post by zerajera » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:30 am

bruno_z wrote:Fyi, I got my 16 voice last weekend, from GAK, I was 3rd in line.
Mine is due on the 9th May (estimated!!), were you happy with the way it was packaged and did it arrive in one piece?

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 am

Here is a short video I did of mine arriving from Andertons.

Ian :D

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 am

bruno_z

Post by bruno_z » Fri May 03, 2019 1:32 pm

zerajera wrote: Mine is due on the 9th May (estimated!!), were you happy with the way it was packaged and did it arrive in one piece?
Yes, totally. The outside GAK box was unmarred and the Moog box inside was pristine. So was the synth, of course. Very good packaging, lots of padding.

DavyP

Post by DavyP » Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 am

https://youtu.be/hi8IB-PJiRQ

Got mine yesterdy, might even be able to get to post in the Our Music section with out getting my balls chewed the odd time for not featuring a Moog! :D

zerajera

Post by zerajera » Sun May 05, 2019 1:06 pm

DavyP wrote:https://youtu.be/hi8IB-PJiRQ

Got mine yesterdy, might even be able to get to post in the Our Music section with out getting my balls chewed the odd time for not featuring a Moog! :D
Mine arrived this morning, jeez what a heavyweight, I needed a rest after setting it up in the music room!

I’m very impressed but was initially concerned when the cooling fan started after power up, gladly just a self test. The unit does generate some heat though, but what a beast - such sonics... it’s going to take me a while to get my head around it’s features but looking forward to mastering this beast! I need a bigger room.

Zera

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sun May 05, 2019 5:06 pm

I need a bigger room.
:D

DavyP

Post by DavyP » Tue May 07, 2019 12:50 am

zerajera wrote:
DavyP wrote:https://youtu.be/hi8IB-PJiRQ

Mine arrived this morning, jeez what a heavyweight, I needed a rest after setting it up in the music room!

I’m very impressed but was initially concerned when the cooling fan started after power up, gladly just a self test. The unit does generate some heat though, but what a beast - such sonics... it’s going to take me a while to get my head around it’s features but looking forward to mastering this beast! I need a bigger room.

Zera
It is a heavy weight, I fought with the box for a while :D

Did my first song with it last night:

https://youtu.be/PArN5rIYsS0

Have to agree with you on the fan, when I first switched on it was like a Helicopter taking off and I thought WTF?, but it settled down so all was good :)