Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Moog One FEATURE Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer

Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Postby vulcan666 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 am

crkcat wrote:Hello,

I wish that the Moog One had MIDI Local modes on/off in order to use it as a master keyboard for other synths. Did i overlook that? Is this planned?

Thanks!
C.

To suppress sound generation, turn out the "On" light in "Keyboard Control" for each of the three synths. For the MIDI events to be sent out, though, you have to go into Settings | MIDI I/O. Set the appropriate MIDI OUT PORTS. For me, setting MIDI OUT PORTS to "DIN & USB", MIDI OUT ROUTE to "ALL SYNTHS" and MIDI OUT CHANNEL ALL to "1" sent my keyboard signal. The only change I had to make (beside turning sound generation off) was to change MIDI OUT CHANNEL ALL from its default "OFF" to "1".

EDIT: I'm running 1.0.3 OS.
Last edited by vulcan666 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the apps, Etherwave Plus, Moog One
vulcan666

Postby vulcan666 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:01 am

A feature I LOVE is found in Pianoteq v6. When I just play or noodle around, Pianoteq makes MIDI recordings of all relevant data and just keeps it around. I can browse back for however long I like (I have mine set to keep a billion years' worth) and see a list of date/time stamps along with the number of notes played. Then i can hear it played back for me, and I can export it as a standard MIDI file.

MIDI data is small, and the UX for this could be small as well.I should think the data would be stored in the user space, but be saveable and exportable to USB. I don't need the One to be a full-fledged MIDI sequencer. Think Notepad rather than Microsoft Word. :D
All the apps, Etherwave Plus, Moog One
vulcan666

Postby _DemonDan_ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Moog One Light Show Timer

Moog One Light Show engages after keyboard/panel is left untouched for a specified number of minutes.

1, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minutes would be fine.

Obviously, touching anything on One would halt the Light Show.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _
_DemonDan_

Postby MC » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:33 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:Moog One Light Show Timer

Moog One Light Show engages after keyboard/panel is left untouched for a specified number of minutes.

1, 5, 10, 30, and 60 minutes would be fine.

Obviously, touching anything on One would halt the Light Show.

Cool 8)

Years ago I gigged my Memorymoog (brave, I know) and during breaks I would turn on the light show on the MM. When people walked into the bar it really turned heads.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi
MC

Previous

Return to Moog One