Moog One FEATURE Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Sugar

Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Post by Sugar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:11 pm

support for Bluetooth USB dongles, to allow pairing with Bluetooth keyboards.
Since MO is Unix-based, the drivers might already be there.

rudylost

Post by rudylost » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:46 am

Possibility to save "template " presets from which you would be able to load only parts, for example the complete fx section or the split keyboard settings
would allow to make different starting points , but not have to start from a whole older preset
would even be nice to be able to load only modulation matrix routings from templates
could be sort of " a la carte " controlled random feature

pimis

Post by pimis » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Individual voice panning!!!!! Pleaseeeee!!!!!

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:40 pm

please let us turn off the CC7 control of the master level.
Arguably, the master level of an instrument should not be MIDI-mapped. It can be dangerous.

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:26 pm

would love to have a boolean value toggle for gates in Mod Matrics Functions.

E.g. a new keypress toggling the boolean (1 or 0) >> mapped to VCA PAN

Bobbyjoebob

Post by Bobbyjoebob » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Would really love the option to place the inserts before the synth effects...

scd

Post by scd » Sun May 03, 2020 9:36 am

PhilAiken wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 pm I get why the inserts are necessarily post filter for polyphonic patches. It would be SO great to have it be available pre-filter for monophonic patches. I do not know that this is physically possible, but if it is, please consider it. My already solid love for the Voyager kicked up a few hundred percent when I started using that insert. While the One is not designed primarily to be a mono synth, since it is tri-timbral, and since there is a mono button on the front panel, it is nice to be able to maximize the range of that facet of the instrument as much as possible.
+20,000!!! :)

scd

Post by scd » Sun May 03, 2020 9:58 am

SER wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:52 am Another good feature would be an option somewhere in the preferences to ALWAYS have ALL effects on OFF !!
+20,000 again! :mrgreen: It might be just me (and you) but I *hate* the digital FXs on this synth. I actually thought for 14 months or so that the One was a horrible synthesizer considering its price tag, listening to dozens of demos on Youtube, only to find out how it could sound *without* effects used. My eyes (ears) were opened by Daniel Fisher's video for Sweetwater doing the sounds with and without FXs. Even taking in account YouTube's compression blanket that changed *everything* for me.

Pencilcase

Post by Pencilcase » Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 am

The other day trying to replicate the Juno Chorus, I founded that there is no way to select in the stereo chorus, the option to set the phase start of the LFO's. Also there is no way to select the waveform of the LFO's.

Yes I can just put slightly different rates of the LFO's to create that, but then it is not the "true" Juno Chorus. Having that options, phase start from 0º to 180º for each LFO and waveform select for the LFO's, we will be closer to that beautifull Juno Chorus. As I founded that the Juno Chorus it is just a triangle waveform in the LFO both at same rate but one at 180º phase from the other. And even if it is not 100% acurate, having those options we will have more control on the Stereo Chorus FX.

GuyaGuy

Post by GuyaGuy » Tue May 26, 2020 1:24 am

SEQUENCER FEATURE REQUESTS:
  • Different sequence length per lane
  • Seq Mod Only Mode like on the Subsequent 37
  • Ability to note trigger the sequence with multiple voices, e.g. play a C to play the sequence in C, play a C and G to play it in both C and G

jrohlfing

Post by jrohlfing » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:40 am

Expression Pedal Feature Request
It would be great to have the ability to map expression pedals to any mod destination at a global level. I love to be able to control the mod wheel with an expression pedal.

I know that I can map this per patch but if it was set globally I wouldn't have to edit all of the existing patches I use.

slufter87

Post by slufter87 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:58 am

Modulate Sequencer Rate

I would love to modulate the sequencer rate when it is not synced to the master tempo. For example sending a LFO to the sequencer rate. There are many occasions where this odd idea would be really beneficial, like making unpredictable arrhythmic sequences. If there's already a way to do this, please let me know.

I suppose this would involve mapping the available sequence steps to a -1 to 1 or 0 to 1 range and allow for the sequence to go backwards? Maybe that's a mess to develop... but if it's possible I'd use it extensively!

Thanks!

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Please allow VCA Volume to be modulated with positive voltage. A bipolar LFO modulating the VCA is always capped above 0V, even when the VCO knob is at its min value.

Some users say the restriction is there for safety reasons, but it feels unintuitive. OTOH the Master Volume knob is hardwired to CC7, which is just asking for an accident to happen. You may accidentally send a max CC7 through MIDi and blow your speakers and eardrums. I don't think modulating the VCA would be as dangerous.
Can you imagine a modular synth with a VCA which would only accept a negative CV signal, ...because it can make it too loud? Oversaturating or overdriving a VCA is an important tone-shaping technique.

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 am

Sugar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm Please allow VCA Volume to be modulated with positive voltage. A bipolar LFO modulating the VCA is always capped above 0V, even when the VCO knob is at its min value.
Some users say the restriction is there for safety reasons, but it feels unintuitive.
Assign CONSTANT to VCA Level, and set the amount to -90 to -100%. This will allow you to use positive amounts to control the VCA level, and the FP control acts as a master volume.
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:33 pm

synthguy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 am
Sugar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm Please allow VCA Volume to be modulated with positive voltage. A bipolar LFO modulating the VCA is always capped above 0V, even when the VCO knob is at its min value.
Some users say the restriction is there for safety reasons, but it feels unintuitive.
Assign CONSTANT to VCA Level, and set the amount to -90 to -100%. This will allow you to use positive amounts to control the VCA level, and the FP control acts as a master volume.
Yes, this works as a workaround, but why do we need a workaround in the first place? Why turning the VCA knob down doesn't have the same effect as applying a negative constant? If you turn the knob all the way down, you can't modulate it at all. It's not how a VCA is supposed to behave, this is not Master Volume. Limiting the output level is understandable, but restricting CV control is just awkward.