Moog One FEATURE Requests

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
zinoff

Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Post by zinoff » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Actually since making the request of S&H by clock subdivision I realize that there's already a Sample S by C

impoid

Post by impoid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 am

Greetings! Is there a way to put the Moog One into "sleep mode" where it's in some kind of standby state?

Meaning, the screens are off/dim, lights aren't blinking, etc. but yet it's still on and able to "wake up" with a turn/click of the Master Encoder or something? Would some kind of simple button combination be an option (Shift+Settings)?

If sleep/standby is not possible, what are the downsides to leaving it on for an hour or so without using it, or conversely, turning it off and then on throughout the day, apart from the boot-up time and groovy light show, which I do love?

(Sorry if this is already asked/requested; I searched for "sleep" and "standby" etc. and nothing obvious jumped out at me. I'm a new, very happy pilot of the Moog One and have learned a lot browsing the topics thus far. Thank you!)

DjokesBokes

Post by DjokesBokes » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:18 pm

I have 2 idea's!

This would be a special split-mixer option (I got this idea from the UDO Super 6, another great synthesizer of this era):

This could be done per timbre and multitimbral.

Single timbre:
Have the 3 oscillators split on the keybed with a special "mixer" setting. You would go to the "more" button on the mixer and put "Oscillator keyboard split" on. This would add more options in the mixer menu.
X - Y - SPLIT POINT - CURVE
(you scroll on X which audio source you choose= OSC1,OSC2,OSC3,RING MOD, NOISE) and Y the same.
You could add a last option to choose what kind of curve if that is possible (EXP/LOG)

You can't select same Y as X.
On split point you select the note it X-fades
On Curve you choose how the curve fades in & out. (from 1 seminote => 6 octaves)

When you finish this a new X SPLIT Y menu gets added. In this one you can't choose the previous X&Y and the SPLIT POINT value can only be higher then the SPLIT POINT.

Multi timbre:
This we select from the VCA menu, we scroll down under the SYNTH1 SPREAD.
We have X-FADE TIMBRE (ON/OFF)
When we turn this ON:
A new set of settings get added in the VCA MENU under spread:
X - Y - SPLIT POINT - CURVE
X & Y can be SYNTH1, SYNTH2 & SYNTH3
the rest is the same as single timbre.
This is at cost of voice usage! (As you would play double the notes on the split points, but they play at a certain level)
So it is to the player to limit his voice count on the different timbres properly.

SPLIT PAN:
This is an option added in Polyphony.
SPLIT PAN (ON OFF)
When unison is turned on (Only possible to go from 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16)
It would play max 8 voices poly(when you choose 2) but playing 1 voice hard pan left, and 1 voice hard pan right.
This is something that Stereo Futures pack did, but he has 2 duplicate timbres. 1 hard pan left 1 hard pan right.
With this option you could have the same on 1 timbre and have 2 timbres left to add more magic!
This split pan creates a slightly wider sound, as every voice sings slightly unique! :)
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 17.53.07.png
Last edited by DjokesBokes on Fri May 27, 2022 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Meaning, the screens are off/dim, lights aren't blinking, etc. but yet it's still on and able to "wake up" with a turn/click of the Master Encoder or something?
It’s already there. Check settings. It does pretty much what you’ve described.

impoid

Post by impoid » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Greetings again -- and thank you for the reply about the "sleep mode" idea, much appreciated! :D

You're exactly right, I do see three settings that may help with what I'm imagining -- LCD Brightness, Panel LED Brightness, and Fan Mode. I was hoping for a "one touch" sleep mode button, but I could go in there and adjust all three, then set them all back when I'm ready to resume. It'd be great if some simple keystroke (perhaps Shift+Settings if that's not already taken?) to basically toggle all three of those; that'd be really useful.

To the other part of my question/idea... what's the down side to just leaving the Moog One on for a while if I'm not using it, anything that I should worry about? We're probably talking just an hour or two... if I knew it'd be longer than that, I'd just power it down and then back on later. Any advice on if leaving it unattended for a few hours is not encouraged (thus my request for a simple, one-click "Sleep Mode" feature) or if it's fine?

Again, thank you! :-)

Iaamusic

Post by Iaamusic » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:34 pm

We're probably talking just an hour or two... if I knew it'd be longer than that, I'd just power it down and then back on later
Well I switch it on in the morning when I’m in the studio, and leave it on all day, even if I nip out for lunch for say an hour. It dims the display and sets the screensaver so it’s fine.

guillemostaza

Post by guillemostaza » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi! New here from Madrid, Spain (Europe). Owner of a Moog One.
I'd like to see a "Manual mode" son all you see in the front panel is all that you get. And a "sleep" mode, as you suggested here. But what I need the most is a modulation option so I can change the sync'd time division of the LFO with the X/Y pad. Would be great to create some wild LFO quirks.

www.alamoshock.com

DjokesBokes

Post by DjokesBokes » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:13 am

Here I am with another request for the magnificent Moog One!

I'm not sure if this is hard to implement, but I would love to see the possibility to import Scala Scales.
This idea is implemented in Sequential synthesizers & the Novation Summit. (maybe others too, but these are the ones I know)

I would love to have the option to import the Maria Renold I tuning.
As this gives such beautiful pure chords. (as every note has a relation towards another it removes all the mud in a sound, as you have with the equal temperament)
https://128hertz.com/
This website has information regarding this.
This gives fifths that do not beat (you have tons of modulation on the one if you want something else, though it is different to beating intervals)
As the equal temperament is as unnatural as it is. It gives beating fifths, and fifths are the most consonant harmony beside the octave.

Moog implemented a very interesting (beating) knob to every oscillator to have some beating. But this happens in harmony. If the temperament is in harmony.

Have a nice day,
Jehudi

DjokesBokes

Post by DjokesBokes » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:49 am

Here I am with another request for my favourite synthesizer! The One and only!

With the arrival of a very interesting multitouch MPE & MIDI 2.0 controller the "Erae Touch" I was thinking about how I could use this controller with the One.

One of the interesting idea's is, giving the X/Y PAD a midi controlling option.
As when using a midi control on single parameters of the One you need to give it "per patch" settings to make it work seemlessly (without parameter jumping).

Like I asked in a previous request with the macro options (to link the 4 endless encoders under the screen to have a MACRO option, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31037&p=180990#p180990)
This would also give a very nice option to control the One on every patch, and without "parameter" jumps in the sound.

Now the X/Y pad already does this. But I would like to use an external (bigger) controller to do this X/Y movement more gently

The request:
Give the X/Y pad & the X/Y HOLD button MIDI CC parameters.
The implementation has no need for MIDI 2.0 (intercommunication about parameters)
Though if on the One a patch is selected with X/Y HOLD ON and at a different position, the 0,0 it would jump the first time. Unless the standard position was in the middle)

The MIDI CC's would be 4 different Parameters:
X=0-127 horizontal axis(64 would be the middle position on the touchpad)
y=0-127 vertical axis(64 would be the middle position on the touchpad)
Z=0-127 pressure/depth axis (0 would be the starting position)
X/Y HOLD=0-127 (0 OFF - 127 ON toggle/switch)

Thank you for your time, reading this idea.
And have a wonderful day!
Jehudi

DjokesBokes

Post by DjokesBokes » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:32 pm

Hi everyone!
Here I have a "smaller" idea for the One:

Adaptive VCA

Call this a setting you can turn ON/OFF in the menu:

This setting would let the VCA automatically change its level when UNISON gets initialised. This combined with the amount of voices that are used for the Unison.
This makes it more pleasing to play around with unison mode (going back and forth between normal-Unison) without big dynamic changes. (in this case you have to change the Mixer/VCA when going back and forth between normal-unison)
It is a smaller idea, but I think it could be really interesting to see this option on the magnificent One.

Kind regards,
Jehudi

noisebit

Post by noisebit » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 am

1.) A switch mode for sequencer lanes for each single OSC.

2.) Make the firmware "open source" ;-)
Moog One 16/NL C15/Waldorf Iridium/Prophet XL/Prophet 10 D/Prophet rev2 16/OB-X8/OB 6 D/2600/VC 340/Kurzweil PC3K7/Kurzweil 2500R/Access Virus TI2/Reason/NI Ultimate/Logic X

Avantmidi

Post by Avantmidi » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:06 pm

Fan OFF mode.
For 8 Voice.
FAN only kicks in when temp get's over a certain threshold

tokenrecluse

Post by tokenrecluse » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:22 pm

Would love to record pitch bends as sequencer step modulations! :D
2.0!!! 2.0!!! 2.0!!!

TubeAmpNut

Post by TubeAmpNut » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Overdrive/distortion and compressor options in synth effects please. You can ditch the bit crusher.

QuasarLightEchoes

Post by QuasarLightEchoes » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:59 am

* Compressor, Limiter, Side Chain in synth and master effects
* More powerful sequencer and arpeggiator - randomization of ratchet and chance parameters similar to HydraSynth
* Adjustable variation % in tone/modulations (yes, I know, I can do it myself)
* More Modulation envelopes except just one?

Hardware upgrades I would pay for:
* Polyphonic aftertouch keybed upgrade
* Ribbon controller (glissandos etc)