Re: Moog One FEATURE Requests

Post by chefmenteur » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Just Intonation.

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Feature Request:
- Setting "Pan" per Oscillator

So we can spread a single voice with an osc left/center/right!

till

Post by till » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:07 am

jaybee wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:10 pm Feature Request:

This would need twice the numbers of both filters, as the signal would have to pass through a left and right filter.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 am

till wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:07 am
jaybee wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:10 pm Feature Request:

This would need twice the numbers of both filters, as the signal would have to pass through a left and right filter.
The filter(s) can only process a mono signal then?
Setting panning per timbre/synth to just get a stereo spread is another limitation, specially since both the synth effects and pan spread/unison comba are so noisy :s

till

Post by till » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:22 am

jaybee wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:07 am The filter(s) can only process a mono signal then?
For a stereo filter you need to have two filters (in analog and digital domain). One for each channel. So this would add plenty of hardware.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:22 pm

If I had one wish for the One, it would be to increase the multitimbrel capability. I'll explain...

I am a much better guitar player than I am a keyboard player. I've been playing guitar synths since the 70s. In fact, my Moog Model IIP was primarily used as a guitar synth using a 360 Systems Slavedriver which did a single channel of guitar to CV/Trig.

Modern guitar to midi converters allow for various string/midi configurations. Generally, each of the strings can send midi to a single channel, or (in some cases) to individual channels (usually referred to as midi-mono mode); the latter being FAR superior for playability as each string's pitch bend and velocity affect only the synth/voice assigned to that string.

The One can receive 3 midi channels at a time and route them to a specified layer. If it could receive 6, voice/layers to individual midi channels, it would be the ideal guitar controlled synthesizer. My 16 voice could have multiple voices per string and would be a glorious addition to it's functionality.

Not sure if this is possible via a firmware update, and I'm sure this would be way down the list of future developments; but - hey - dare to dream....
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

DiesIraeDisArray

Post by DiesIraeDisArray » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:58 pm

49 keys, better keybed, no bugs
Better Price Tag
All the innovation and no skimping of details
Please keep same I/O and Mod Matrix.

Much Thanks from the general public // common people.
Owned: Moog Subsequent 37; KorgR3; DSI OB-6, Tempest; Yamaha Reface DX;&CP; Roland TB-3, VP-03

chefmenteur

Post by chefmenteur » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:39 pm

To be more specific, the ability to set a custom microtuning for each of the 12 notes. I believe this feature was added to the Minitaur.
chefmenteur wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 pm Just Intonation.

RbtBg

Post by RbtBg » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Love my 16-voice Moog One. Worth every penny.

After 6 months of owning one I'd love to have a companion app for Mac and iOS that would show you exactly what the settings are in real time. Would be better for understanding, creativity and visually for YouTube videos where I love to see the actual settings.

More CV in/out modulation options for use with mother eurorack.

Some more tutorials on how to get the best out of Moog One would be awesome!

Thank you

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:22 am

Hi!

One improvement I would love (and have been dreaming since the start) would be to have the ability to switch ON/OFF the SYNTH1, SYNTH2 and SYNTH3 via midi.
Ideally via a midi foot pedal.

That would be totally unique and would allow uninterrupted left hand playing while one of the 2 superimposed chords of the right hand could be frozen and allow the right hand to solo over it.

Unfortunately today, if I’m not wrong, the ON/OFFs of SYNTH1, SYNTH2 and SYNTH3 do not have any Midi CC :(

Hope this is feasible
To me I would even favor this over FX modulation even though that would open tremendous sound design possibilities

And, yes, a tiny one too: the ability to modulate Pan Spread

Cheers!
V

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Maybe I wasn’t precise enough in my previous post: when I say the ON/OFF of SYNTH1, SYNTH2 and SYNTH3 I mean the “KEYBOARD CONTROL” ON/OFF for each of the 3 synths :)

Cheers!

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:03 am

Following a discussion on Gearslutz I realize my request is still not well formulated.

The idea is not to mute one of the 3 Synths but to turn off its “keyboard control”, so that, if that synth is in Latch mode or on a long sustain patch, it remains impervious to new notes the same hand would do when starting soloing over it.
That way you “freeze” the chord under the solo, for the same hand.
And using a midi foot switch would allow the left hand to keep on playing bass without being interrupted by pressing the “ON/OFF” KEYBOARD CONTROL button as it is the case today.

Performance wise this would be unique and quite a game changer for me :)

vwizz

Post by vwizz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 am

Another feature that would greatly help would be to have “S” curve shapes on the envelope, next to log, linear and exponential.

I used it extensively on the Andromeda.
Especially for Decay: it brings a smoother “landing” at the end of a Log curve typically.

Cheers!

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:39 am

You can bend and modify (S curve) the various envelope curves by applying the output of the envelope generator (both positive and negative) to the various envelope generator segment controls (attack, decay, etc.).
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

chefmenteur

Post by chefmenteur » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:25 pm

Oh, I see Amos is talking about adding microtonal scales/custom tuning in this Oct 2018 video:

https://youtu.be/49vHK_D5-gA?t=2368

Has anyone heard anything more about this happening?