Click track?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Petur

Click track?

Post by Petur » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Does the Moog One have a click track? A click track for the master tempo routable to any of the auxiliary outputs? Or would i have to sacrifice one of the 3 synths to program my own using the sequencer?

Vsyevolod

Re: Click track?

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:59 pm

No mention of 'click track' in the manual.

Wouldn't you rather send the Moog One a click and have the master clock follow it?

Stephen

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Petur wrote:Does the Moog One have a click track? A click track for the master tempo routable to any of the auxiliary outputs? Or would i have to sacrifice one of the 3 synths to program my own using the sequencer?
Hi Petur,
Moog One has no click track because all three of its Sequencers are Step Sequencers, as opposed to real-time sequencers.

Not the answer you were hoping for, but at least you know why.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Petur

Post by Petur » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:11 am

What i am thinking is a click track that (for instance) a drummer can play after. Lets say you want to use an arpeggio or a sequence in a part of a song in a live situation.

Engaging an arpeggio or a sequence live in the middle of a track is pretty tricky when it comes to syncing the arp/seq tempo with the song.

I guess i can use one of the synths to program a sequenced click track on the sequencer and route it to one of the auxiliary outs (for the drummer). But i was hoping there was a dedicated feature for this so that an entire synth track wouldn't have to be sacrificed.

Another solution would of course be to use an external source for the tempo and the click track, and sync the Moog One to that. But that means extra hardware and complexity.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 am

Hi Petur,

I have copied your request to the Moog One FEATURE Request thread :-)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

jmcecil

Post by jmcecil » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't have mine yet, so take this with a grain of salt .. technically they could make a plugin fx for click, but it should be possible to do it with one of the existing ones and some use of mods to close the effect on beat and adjust the emphasis beat. Just trying to think of a solution for now. Not sure if it is feasible or not.