Moog One ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
MC

Re: Moog One ?

Post by MC » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:41 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:It has so many MOD slots that none of us have ever run out. We still can only guess at how many you can have per preset ;-)
Wait until I get my hands on one. I designed the "Frankensteinwhey" piano patch for the Andromeda factory library, which used a LOT of modulation for its authenticity. Analog synths are NOT supposed to do piano sounds, but I figured out how :)
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:31 pm

Oh wow. Just wow. And it is not even as expensive as I thought it would be. Oh, what to do.....
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:13 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Gomjab wrote:That’s Dan’s punishment for writing such great manuals! 8)
Not punishment, reward. Sure, every night, for a year and a half, I came home to the burden of knowing I had to work on "that damn manual', but the reward was that One was also there, waiting to be turned on, learned, and defined. Now I have my own One and it has so many of the feature requests I've asked for (and so many more from other people's requests).

This synth is my Stradivarius. This is the one I'm going to grow old (older?) with. It has a redonkulous amount of system memory that will allow it to grow significantly in power and features for a very long time. And I'm certain I can go the rest of my life without running out of things to try on it. (I know, such flowery language; but that's what One does to me.)
This is my dream synth. They did it!
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

TimeEchoProductions

Post by TimeEchoProductions » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:14 pm

drogoff wrote:I love the beat-frequency knobs!!! Basically it's linear-FM detune in addition to the common exponential tuning knob. The downside of how virtually all synths do this is that if you set VCOs to have some slow beating at the low end of the keyboard, the beat frequency will be too fast at the high end of the keyboard. With the way it looks like Moog is doing this, you can have a constant beat rate no matter what the pitch.

It's easy to implement but I can't think of any other synth that has this except for the Taurus I and III
The original 901 modular oscillator banks worked this way as well. It is super cool to have this feature on a Poly. I don't think it has ever been done.
Voyager XL, Minitaur, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103,
MF-105m, MF-107, MF-108m, MP-201
Thomas Monticello 371 with Moog preset Synthesizer

Gomjab

Post by Gomjab » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:14 am

_DemonDan_ wrote:
Not punishment, reward. Sure, every night, for a year and a half, I came home to the burden of knowing I had to work on "that damn manual', but the reward was that One was also there, waiting to be turned on, learned, and defined. Now I have my own One and it has so many of the feature requests I've asked for (and so many more from other people's requests).

This synth is my Stradivarius. This is the one I'm going to grow old (older?) with. It has a redonkulous amount of system memory that will allow it to grow significantly in power and features for a very long time. And I'm certain I can go the rest of my life without running out of things to try on it. (I know, such flowery language; but that's what One does to me.)
I’m not sure can comment yet but when I saw the feature to do a quick time stamped save of a preset under development it perfectly jived with what you were preaching (yeah that workshop was like being taken to church) about saving often during patch development. Was that feature one requested by you?

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:57 am

Nice one :-)

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 am

Gomjab wrote:When I saw the feature to do a quick time stamped save of a preset under development it perfectly jived with what you were preaching (yeah that workshop was like being taken to church) about saving often during patch development. Was that feature one requested by you?
Nope, the autosaving with time stamp was one of so many happy surprises for me. The amount of care they put into making this excellent will become increasingly obvious over time. And there's still plenty of memory left for future ideas.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Time to have a friendly chat with my SW sales rep, TJ Jackson... :wink: :D
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:

Hi Dan, been looking all over Sweetwaters website to see what time you'll be Streaming Moog One on Mon. Oct 8, did SW post it somewhere else, could not find it under EVENTS?

Also will you be playing your Stardivarius during the Stream?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Well. After having a talk with my SW sales rep, it seems that for all potential international customers, Moog Music Inc does not allow USA based stores (like Sweetwater) to ship Moog products outside the USA. Those products are only available locally from Moog selected/approved stores in respective countries.

What a ridiculous sales policy from Moog.

So, I'll have to wait forever to get my hands on a Moog One 8 voice from my local music shop here in Montreal, because Sweetwater will get all the new stock first, even though I've bought DSI (now Sequential, another USA based company) and Behringer product from that store online before, without any problem. That's how I got my Prophet REV2 long before it was available here.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Shaw

Post by Shaw » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Monday just can’t get here fast enough.....

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Shaw wrote:Monday just can’t get here fast enough.....
Exactly, and for me Oct 24 and our 16v can't get here quick enough :D :shock: :D
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

timmy

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:42 pm

Seeing is believing. Wow. Moog finally did it. I cannot wait to hear how it sounds.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:06 pm

well Congratulations to MOOG, and everyone who has surely put in long hours to make this a reality...

looking forward to hearing how it sounds etc

I like the look, and the style nod to the memorymoog/XL

by the time I can afford to buy one, maybe they will have the darker wood option available, like the XL