Next 1.5 update, when ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Matthias Adloff

Re: Next 1.5 update, when ?

Post by Matthias Adloff » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:08 am

Avantmidi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm I am a happy owner of a 8 voice since last week.
Moog sold twice the expected amount of Moog One's due to the Pandemic.
Congrats! Despite all the issues, the One is an amazing machine.
Regarding the sales, I can just hope this is correct.

Avantmidi

Post by Avantmidi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:18 am

Sales of the One in 2021 and Supply chain challenges are explained in this recent article on CNET:
https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/the ... s-of-moog/

Avantmidi

Post by Avantmidi » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:07 am

Hi Moog!
Are we getting an update this year?
Or next year?

MWK

Post by MWK » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:59 am

Sorry, Moog is not here right now. Please try again later.

smv

Post by smv » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:56 pm

It is really an absurd situation with Moog keeping to stay in silence. Not a single word about the update. As i said before, i love my Moog One and it is a great synth. But Moog is behaving definitely not up to the name and history of the brand. Come on Moog. You are not looking good at all, in this situation

Load

Post by Load » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:36 pm

Hi guys,
I had some news from Moog.
they told don't have a
firm ETA at this moment but
expecting the next
firmware release by April.

Otto Dix

Post by Otto Dix » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:10 pm

Load wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:36 pm expecting the next firmware release by April.
It looks like they are consistent about this, I had the same reply from Moog back in October :
Otto Dix wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm I called them today and spoke with a very friendly person at Customer Service. He said there are a few updates coming but a safe bet for 1.5 would be spring 2022.

I asked if he has some specifics about this 1.5 update content. He told there will be CV issues fixes as well as other fixes like sustained notes.

I asked if PolyAftertouch would be part of it but he had no infos about this.
I have read the CNET article, very interesting. Twice the expected number of Moog One has been sold in 2021 and same supply chain difficulties as the whole electronic industry.

One remark though, software update is not prone to supply chain shortage. So why has it been so long ? Plus, increasing number of One owners (as this forum confirms it) puts more pressure on Moog to keep making this instrument better.

Amos, are you still with us ?
Memorymoog, Moog One 16, Voyager RME, Sub 37, DFAM, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Expressive E Osmose

Otto Dix

Post by Otto Dix » Sat May 14, 2022 5:28 am

October conversation with Moog support gave info that update will come this spring. May 14, here we are ! and still nothing...

Will this be a 1.5 update ? (CV issues fixes, etc...) or 2.0 update as everybody here is wishing for, getting access to major improvements like MPE support or else.

About MPE, it is interesting to note that Geert Bevin from Moog Music is part of the MPE Working Group. This clearly means that MPE support continues to be an important topic for Moog Music. They were amongst MPE pioneers with Animoog.

Now, will this translate into a Moog One update, into a new hardware product or stays confined to software world, that's the pending question.
Memorymoog, Moog One 16, Voyager RME, Sub 37, DFAM, Minitaur, Moogerfoogers, Expressive E Osmose

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Sat May 14, 2022 9:15 am

Emailed support two weeks ago. Support said 1.5 started beta testing and if all goes well should be available at the end of May.

I did not asked them what was included, just have to wait and see.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII