Moog One Bugs

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
OrganKane

Re: Moog One Bugs

Post by OrganKane » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 am

Moog7th wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:18 pm
Way easier solution: As long as a synth is light gray on the Home screen (keyboard control off) it still gets its voices allocated and reduces the polyphony on the other synths. Press "shift" and "on" (keyboard control) and the synth is represented in dark gray and no longer steals voices.
Interesting! Thank you. While I'm here: the "single-trigger" mode of the NOTE-ON RESET in the LFO more menu isn't working like it should, is it? It seems to do exactly the same thing as "multi-trigger".

benabbiana

Post by benabbiana » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:03 am

I have to say, I've had the One now for about 4 months - and there are some really disappointing aspects of this synth. They're so glaringly obvious that it beggars belief that it made it off the production room floor. The noise when changing values from LFO to destinations makes life performance very difficult. The crashing is probably once per session as it stands, and the most annoying thing overall to me is the amplifier envelope makes this 'THUNK' sound that is, according to Moog, perfectly normal and is replicated in their test model. Their solution is correct gain staging, which mine is, and then they really don't seem to have anything else. Essentially if you want to make a single oscillator slow attack sound (10 sec) prepare for a hell of a time in post getting rid of these 'THUNK' sounds. You should be able to at least have the performance of a Prophet 5's amplifier envelope.

I own both the Prophet 10 and the Moog One and they are wonderful, complimentary synths. I will say though it sounds like Moog have totally dropped the ball on their flagship synth in regards to aftercare and firmware updates of late.

Hugely disappointed, and I can't believe I'll say this about one of my favourite sounding synths, which could be amazing, but I'd advise anyone on the fence about this synth to reconsider just considering the bugs and the amplifier envelope. The silence from Moog about addressing these issues is very annoying.

synthguy

Post by synthguy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:18 am

I never have any problems when modifying LFOs to destinations. I do this all the time through various controller pedals, XY pad, Mod Wheel, etc. etc. I often modify multiple parameters of the LFOs, or multiple destinations (or both) simultaneously. You can make a lot of interesting things happen through the Mod Matrix.

Can you provide a better defined example? Or better yet, post a preset you've created that exhibits your particular problem, and maybe someone here can help you figure out just what's going wrong.

As for the envelope "thunk" sounds, have you tried turning the noise reduction off? (Set to zero).
Visit my synthblog...Moogs and more!
Www.synthguy.com

SynthPlug

Post by SynthPlug » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:27 am

paddy ryan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:33 pm
MWK wrote:I've already sent an e-mail about these but it doesn't hurt to post them here to see if others are experiencing the same issues.

• INIT PATCH, when in MONO/1 VOICE mode, if you turn SYNC, LOOP and LATCH 'ON' in the AMP ENV section, you can hear additional voices playing.
EG Loop and latch are very problematic. Impossible to release old notes and re-latch to new ones!! Also, looping EGs results in frequent clicking/popping sounds with each EG cycle. I think I have determined that this popping/clicking occurs at the beginning of the release phase of the EG. It is not related to attack and/or release times. I cna sometimes be reduced by turning sustain all the way up or all the way down. But this is by no means a solution.
Too bad as the possibilities are AMAZING with the loop/latch feature, but it is currently unusable.
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!
+1
I was patching yesterday and tried everything to eliminate the clicking when looping envelopes... I had some "success" reducing the click by adjusting the filter cutoff point or EG amount. However this is not a real solution as each of these work-arounds alter the sound. For reference, I am on firmware 1.4 on a 16-voice.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:49 pm

MWK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:06 am When adding or switch patches while they are playing, weird audio glitches occur so you can't really feel comfortable switching patches or adding them on the fly in a live situation.
This has been an issue since i got mine 3 years ago and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. Makes the effects useless in live performance and should never have gone out in the initial firmware, let alone 4 versions later.

The external midi control is still buggy. Constantly get frozen notes and have to do the 8ve up/down to quiet hanging notes.

Sustain pedal doesn't work.

External CV doesn't work.

All of these things were advertised features.

Yesterday, mine crashed in the middle of programming a patch I'd been working on for more than an hour... First time it's done that, but it doesn't instill confidence.

And what makes this so frustrating is the radio silence from Moog.

I am a self confessed Moog fan, but as much as in love my vintage modular and my Mini reissue, the unrealized potential of the One remains substantial, the handling of the bugs on their "flagship" synth and the radio silence of their efforts to remedy them are really unacceptable. :evil:
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

Moog7th

Post by Moog7th » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:41 pm

If setting "MIDI Control Output" is set to "MIDI MAP", LFO 1 Rate knob does not send CC. Other knobs work perfectly.

benabbiana

Post by benabbiana » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:12 am

AlakaLazlo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:49 pm
MWK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:06 am When adding or switch patches while they are playing, weird audio glitches occur so you can't really feel comfortable switching patches or adding them on the fly in a live situation.
This has been an issue since i got mine 3 years ago and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. Makes the effects useless in live performance and should never have gone out in the initial firmware, let alone 4 versions later.

The external midi control is still buggy. Constantly get frozen notes and have to do the 8ve up/down to quiet hanging notes.

Sustain pedal doesn't work.

External CV doesn't work.

All of these things were advertised features.

Yesterday, mine crashed in the middle of programming a patch I'd been working on for more than an hour... First time it's done that, but it doesn't instill confidence.

And what makes this so frustrating is the radio silence from Moog.

I am a self confessed Moog fan, but as much as in love my vintage modular and my Mini reissue, the unrealized potential of the One remains substantial, the handling of the bugs on their "flagship" synth and the radio silence of their efforts to remedy them are really unacceptable. :evil:
I’m actually starting to wonder if legal action is wise. In regards to their obligations they’ve failed. With no announcements or communications, we’re left to assume that there is a level of abandonment on Moog’s behalf on some key issues. The advertised features not functioning beggars belief and is literally illegal. It sounds dramatic but I am very disappointed and would like at the very least, an explanation.

Thomas 22

Post by Thomas 22 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:31 pm

I received my new Moog One 16 on Tuesday.
Everything worked Tuesday through Thursday.
On Friday, after the start, the display remained dark.
The solution was to press a button above the display.

Today, on Sunday, the Moog One didn't start anymore.
After switching on, the fan went to the highest level. So far OK. But then he stayed like that. The Moog did not start.
Switching it off and switching it on again helped.

The history time has been reset from a few hours to 10 minutes return.

Then I switched it off and on again 4 times to test it. Everything worked properly.

What is the problem?

tokenrecluse

Post by tokenrecluse » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:39 pm

...I just froze my Moog One trying to arpeggiate incoming MIDI data. :cry: *sigh*