3 synthy can be controlled by 3 Midi cannels ?

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
maddyman1000

Re: 3 synthy can be controlled by 3 Midi cannels ?

Post by maddyman1000 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:27 am

I installed Logic 10.5 on my MBP to show that this obviously not a singular matter of Ableton Live.
As you can see on the Panel Focus all Synths are turned OFF.
Whether a midi channel in Logic is aktive ore not (you see it in the two attachements), if I hit a key the are midi Note on and Note off messages seen in the MidiMonitor Window on the Logic surface.
And as you can see in the 3rd Attachement the Midi i/o settings are perfect.
Any idea why the Moog obviously behave like that?
Attachments
Bild Moog Midi.jpg
Bild Moog 3channels_.jpg
Bild Moog 3channels.jpg
moog one 16, 4x Novation Supernova 48v, Arturia Origin, BeststepPro, Analog Factory,Waldorf XT,3x Midibox Seq4+,Roland S760,Roland SPD20, 2xMotu 24AI,Access Virus TI & A,Fatar Studio2001,3x Akai APC40mk2, Novation Slmk3, LauchpadPRo,Hackintosh i5

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:04 pm

Change to the following in the Settings.
MIDI I/O > MIDI OUT ROUTE > ALL SYNTHS

this should solve your problem.
You will still be able to trigger individual synths through their respective MIDI channels.

IMG_4184.jpg

maddyman1000

Post by maddyman1000 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:06 pm

Sorry I have to disappoint you, the settings you suggested send midi only on channel 1, never the less which synth I have turned on.
For me was important to find a setup which definitly sends only midi on which that was predefined.
I think moog suggests it when using Midi rout in/out Per synth for different channels. Thats what it seems to mean.
BUT: It doesn't work that way.
As you can see in the pics above (the white displayed window in the Logic part - it's the midi monitor window), when using this configuration the moog sends - even if any synth is turned "on" in the keybord control part- midi Note on/off messeges out on all the predifined channels.
For it seems that I am the only one who tries to figgure out the issue and to be able to use 3 synth independly.
I think I don't have to be a midi guru - even though I have some experience with that - and it isn't really tricky to set the settings as desribed above and to create 3 midi tracks in the DAW but with or without any DAW the Midi Monito shows, without having activating any synths this issue of incomming and outgoing Data on all the chosen channels.
Perhaps someone knows more about it?
thak you for your time
regards
moog one 16, 4x Novation Supernova 48v, Arturia Origin, BeststepPro, Analog Factory,Waldorf XT,3x Midibox Seq4+,Roland S760,Roland SPD20, 2xMotu 24AI,Access Virus TI & A,Fatar Studio2001,3x Akai APC40mk2, Novation Slmk3, LauchpadPRo,Hackintosh i5

maddyman1000

Post by maddyman1000 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:29 pm

Addendum : important !
it works as I just have to mention !
But only - what 'noisebit' wrote on the first inex page - if I use a external Master keyboard !
In that case the are the 3 different channels give out :-)
but if I play the moog itself, all 3 channels are simoultaneosly working.

By the way - for the case that you work on it on an external keyboard and choose for Synth 1 Main L/R (in the output section) and for synth 2 SUB L/R you can hear an play things on to different outputs.
But Synth 3 could only use Main L/R or SUB L/R, so here you would have to sounds together on one output.
Here is my question, when moog create 3 synths, why doesn't createted 3 independent outputs for all of them?

Has anybody an idea?
thanks

Sugar

Post by Sugar » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:11 am

I'm afraid you misunderstand the MIDI workflow with a DAW. You are not supposed to trigger your synths directly from the keyboard. You will end up with doubled notes -- the same note will be triggered by your keyboard and by your DAW. I suggest that you google "MIDI and 'Local Off'".

maddyman1000

Post by maddyman1000 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Thank your for your advise. But I think I found out what it is all about:
It looks that the Moog has a bug when using the following configuration:
I use Main L/R out for single use of Synth 1
Sub L/R is chosen for Synth 2 and 3 (unfortunately the is no 3rd output seperatly for synth 3)
In the output area I mention that Main-Synth 1 is ON and Main-Synth 2 and Main-Synth3 is OFF
Sub-Synth 1 is off, Sub-Synth 2 and Sub-Synth 3 is on.
The Inserts are all OFF
All "kocal-off" functions (keyboard control) are OFF !
Now pay attention:
if I play now one synth after another while selecting and arming a different channel in Ableton everything works fine :-)
But if I (by accident) aktivivate another synths local off and after that all three continue to be active.
Deactivation the last step let it stay the same.
This happens not every time but if so I have to deactivate in the output area the Main-Synth 1 for a second and after enabling it it works fine again.
Really strange behavior bat thant the reason why I had this problems to play only one,- the chosen synth.

Thank everyone for take part in the discussion, I think together we can find out more then only google search can do :-)
regards
martin

Moog7th

Post by Moog7th » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:37 pm

Moog One's keyboard fires always on all channels if the MIDI I/O is set to per synth. Any keyboard control on/off setting per synth has no influence. So, no basic master keyboard functionality.

Interestingly, the sequencer of each synth sends notes only on the dedicated channel.

The Moog One receives multichannel midi just fine as well.