Looking for HEX firmware files for Subsequent 37

Everything Sub.
Bart-ST

Looking for HEX firmware files for Subsequent 37

Post by Bart-ST » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I've just joined this forum, in fact I've just gotten my first Moog. It's a Subsequent 37 that I've bought used, seems in well-cared pristine condition, however it went out of working state within an hour.

Initial issue was that the pitchwheel only had a downward bending effect, upward did not do anything. In the software editor I was able to set the up and down pitchrange but without actual effect for the up range. Next I wanted to get the Moog in back to default settings: did a global reset and after that just to be sure a re-install of the firmware (version 1.2.0).
The re-install went wrong halfway (2 out of 4 steps taken, error message "proc. buff" after that), resulting in erased firmware. Methods used were the standard automated Moog install but also manual (using C6 and Bome SendSX, also on low data transmission rate)

I've sent a support request to Moog, but will also try to flash the firmware onto the hardware directly. For that I've ordered a Silicon Labs device, will arrive tomorrow, and need the following two things:
  • HEX files for 1.2.0 firmware
  • indication where to exactly connect the Silicon Labs device to (device is DEBUGADPTR1-USB 8-bit)
If anyone would know where to get the HEX files and even better also know how to connect the device (although maybe that's self-explanatory, haven't opened the Subsequent 37 yet), that'd be great! Playing music on it would be a definite improvement of its current state. Btw, have asked Moog support for the HEX files, but not sure what a response time will be.

Thanks in advance for the response
Regards,
Bart
Subsequent 37

Bart-ST

Re: Looking for HEX firmware files for Subsequent 37

Post by Bart-ST » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:07 am

Small update: Moog support has responded. The mentioned Silicon Labs debug device does not work with the Subsequent 37, only with older devices. But a different device does work, so have ordered that one to proceed with.
I'm confident that Moog support will guide me through to get the synth working again.
Subsequent 37