LFO delay?

Everything Sub.
KristerNielsen

LFO delay?

Post by KristerNielsen » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:51 am

Hey everyone,

I bought my Sub 37 CV a few years ago but haven't had much time to sit with it. Today I'm trying to recreate a patch that was originally made on either the Emerson Moog Modular System or the System 55. This patch calls for a delayed LFO, and I can't figure out if this can be done on the Sub 37.

So as i press down a key, after about a second and LFO will start acting on the filter. I have it set up as I like it, except for the one second delay after key press. Is it possible?

MrChumley

Re: LFO delay?

Post by MrChumley » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:55 am

As far as I know it's not possible. You'd have to use the mod wheel to bring in the LFO.

Chumley

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:41 pm

Hi KristerNielsen and welcome to he forum!

I don't have any Sub 37 but I think this is achievable simply using a MOD bus: use for example the filter envelope with a slow attack (or a delay value...) to control the LFO amount. it will force you to dedicate the filter envelope to that, though. You can control the filter cutoff frequency through the modulation wheel for example, using the other MOD bus... or do the converse as advised by MrChumley just above.
Hope this helps!

benders

Post by benders » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:29 am

Here are two ways there may be more:

1) you can use two lfos start with basic patch:

lfo1 = triangle, frequency 100, amount 0, dest: osc all freq
lfo2 = square, frequency 15, amount 127, wave reset on, phase 80, dest: LFO 1 Amount

this makes lfo2 turn up the amount of lfo1 after about 5 seconds (and off again after another 5)

2)you can also use the sequencer start with basic patch:

lfo1 = triangle, frequency 100, amount 0, dest: osc all freq
sequencer = play source: key, env trig/step: off, clock divide 1/2, bpm 120
track select 2 and set the dest to lfo1 amount, set step 5 to value 127 and tie to the end step 16

this makes it when you press a key the sequence starts and after 5 sec the lfo1 amount kicks in