Incorrect Names in Editor Menu

Everything Sub.
pinkles

Incorrect Names in Editor Menu

Post by pinkles » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi everyone-

I'm running a fresh install of v1.1.2 of the editor over a fresh install of the 1.2 firmware, in macOS Monterey 12.6.1 on an m1. I've deleted the prefs in application support and tried everything I can think of, but-

The names in the dropdown in my editor (both the AU/vst and standalone) don't match the actual names of my patches - they are consistent between the s37 and the library menu of the editor and they've been synced successfully and I can edit and save and everything just fine.

Its just that the names in the dropdown are wrong.

For example in Bank One / Slot One I have a patch saved named "bassic bass" - the menu says I have a patch there named "LOW BASS". Selecting "LOW BASS" loads the correct slot, e.g. "bassic bass" and the correct name appears everywhere else. Its just displaying incorrectly in the dropdown.

Same problem for all of the other patches.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I was hoping there was just someplace the menu named were saved and I could some how force it to rebuild.

pinkles

Re: Incorrect Names in Editor Menu

Post by pinkles » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:23 pm

Ok
It gets weirder.
Here is what appears to be happening-
Even if I delete the factory presets and other presets - both through the editor and through the OS - they are recreated when the editor launches. I can't rename them or anything even though I'm given the option to.

These are the names- the factor presets, etc - that are appearing in the menu.

They still do not correspond to what is actually loaded. For example if I select one of them, it still loads my patch from whatever bank is falsely associated with the factory setting.

Also I can see my own patches in that menu as well - its like multiple names can all be related to the same bank/patch...

pinkles

Re: Incorrect and Extra Names in Editor Menu

Post by pinkles » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:03 pm

I put in a ticket but continue to investigate. One possible clue: I overwrote every patch with an INIT patch. This changed all names in the dropdown to "Init preset", and, for a second, I thought I had fixed this. However, when I renamed the first patch in the first bank to "0101" I realized that the problem persists. "0101" now occupies a spot about 94 lines down the left column of the dropdown. Selecting it from the menu will load it, but also selecting "Init preset" from the top left position of the drop down will load it as well.

So, somehow, I was able to overwrite the names of the ghost patches in the menu when I replaced everything with "init preset", but then changing this first slot to "0101" did not change the corresponding "ghost" item(s) in the menu.

I went into the xml file that the categories are saved in and commented parts of it out - thinking maybe that the menu was displaying items more than once if they appeared in multiple categories. No fix there. - but changing those categories only seems to change them in the category dropdown menu to the right of the preset name dropdown menu at the top of the preset browser. It has no effect on the available categories to the left of the preset name in the middle column of the interface.

Also reinstalled everything just because I figure if Moog ever gets back to me there will have me reinstall again.

Ive been through the Application Support files in the library and "show package contents" on the app file, but can't see anything that might be producing this crazy menu.

To be clear this only seems to be an issue when the menu is set to "all" or "misc".